Yogurt questions

Options
Hey all,

Here is the problem I am facing. I am trying to cut down on my sugar intake, but I want to be putting yogurt in my system because I want the natural probiotics rather than taking yet another pill.

I absolutely hate hate hate greek yogurt and natural yogurt. I just can't even fathom trying to swallow it. I have tried and tried but I just can't get past the taste so those are a complete washout for me. Not even additives can help me...I guess it's a mental thing...I'm Mediterranean so I have no idea why I can't eat them, I just have never been able to, not even when I didn't like regular yogurt as a child.

My question is...is there any yogurt out there that has very little sugar in it? Yoplait has a horrific 26g of sugar. I found Dannon Light & Fit which seems to only have 11g. Is there anything with even less. Is there sugar free yogurt? Maybe some made with Xylitol instead? And where would I get it?

Replies

• Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Hm. Maybe you can buy one normal yogurt and one with sugar and mix them - good luck!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I can't eat Greek yogurt unless I add to it. As far as I'm concerned, it really is THE best yogurt option out there. Non-fat, plain greek!!

I add spenda to sweeten. Then add things like fruit, nuts, peanut butter, pureed pumkin (it's like eating pumpkin pie), chocolate protein powder, etc. If you look at it like a base, you can really add just about anything to make it taste how you want it to.
  • ratkaj
    ratkaj Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Yoplait light strawberry (blue label) is only 14g of sugar? Were you looking at the red kind (normal)?
  • clahut
    clahut Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Maybe swirl some honey into natural yoghurt - that way you sweeten it without using refined sugar or artificial sweetener?
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Astro Zero is awesome, and it's sweetened with Sucralose (NOT aspartame), so if you don't have a problem with that, I'd say go with that brand! Their vanilla is great, and it's 100% fat free.... And only 35 calories in 1/3 of a cup!
  • SaraEWrig
    SaraEWrig Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have always bought plain yogurt, and added stevia to sweeten it, along with berries. Or - I'll do half plain yogurt, mixed with half my husband's sweetened yogurt.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    what about making a greek yogurt into a dip for veggies?
  • Kamille84
    Kamille84 Posts: 32
    Options
    You said you've tried additives, but have you tried honey into greek yogurt? It is so good.