Do these supplements help fat burn or weight loss?

Options
Do any of you use supplements and if so which ones? I am curious if the following are worth purchasing, I'd appreciate your input:

Cinnamon capsules, ALA, CLA (Tonalin), GLA, and Acetyl L-Carnitine. Thanks.

Replies

• sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I think over the years I have tried almost all of them.....none of them worked for me, For me a "clean Diet" and "great workout" has worked the best!
  • RiverRatChick
    RiverRatChick Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your money. Try some hard work, sweat and a healthy diet and you'll get better results than some gimmick.
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I have tried almost all of those and none were very good. The Cinnamon capsules I actually just bought the other day so I am in the process of seeing how they work. Womans's World magazine had an article about how taking 500mg 4x a day was suppose to help you lose weight and that they are very good for you. So we shall see what happens when I'm done with this bottle. I suppose the cinnamom can't hurt anyway! Good luck.
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    A healthy diet, exercise, and reasonable lifestyle. There really is no magic pill or cure!
  • emrogers
    emrogers Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I work for a nutrition company and we make ALA, CLA, and fat burners. I'm sensitive to fat burners and never have tried them in my life. What most of you already know is true. They don't work on there own. Its all good stuff for you BUT the big BUT, you must be doing something in diet and excercise to get something out of them. I take them because I get them for free but would not go out and buy them. I also work out and diet along with taking them. I take ALA, CLA, and Fish oil 3x a day. All in all, they don't work unless you're doing something and its not even proven to work. So what I'm saying is that it can be more of a mental thing when it comes to the pills.So but your but and if you're anything like me want to learn on your own, try them for a month but be consistent with what you're doing. If you can't afford them and can probably use the money else where then use the money else where. Hope this helps some.
  • MaryDreamer
    MaryDreamer Posts: 439
    Options
    THANKS everyone!