Insanity

Options
2»

Replies

• britlew
    britlew Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am restarting my insanity today.. i tried before with a friend but our schedules always got messed up. i have just enough time to get one round of it knocked out before my husband comes home from afghanistan so i need to get my butt in gear..
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Great! I need someone to die...I mean workout...with me!! :laugh:
  • foreverjade
    foreverjade Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I've did one round of Insanity (after doing two rounds of P90X). I didn't lose any weight doing Insanity but I did lose inches all over. It will kick your butt for sure. The only thing I didn't like was that I felt it go too repetitive since each month only had 3 "true workouts" (the fourth workout being a recovery). I got a little bored doing the same workouts.

You will definitely look forward to your off day.

I'm doing a hybrid of P90X and Insanity now and I like the variety much better (plus I'm doing a little running mixed in as well).

I JUST replied to another Insanity thread and said exactly the same thing!!! Only 3 workouts a week gets boring fast!! Doing month 2 workouts in week 2!

In reply to OP, I skip my rest and recovery days - recovery day i use for P90x, to get some weight training in, and rest day I skipped altogether and moved on to the next week! If you are pretty used to working out, you will find it will kick your butt for a week or two but then will get easy enough to move on.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Great! I need someone to die...I mean workout...with me!! :laugh:

LOL :laugh:
  • trv9248
    trv9248 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm just starting Day 2 of Insanity. I have done it before but i only got 3 weeks done and then i stopped because i had no motivation. I would really like to have some support and i could also help out if any one has any questions. Just add me if anyone wants to keep up with this workout together.
  • disneybabe20
    Options
    I am starting month 2 of Insanity. I love it, but like others have said, it is indeed repetitive. I alternate between Insanity and TurboFire. Both make you sweat and burn and alternating breaks up the monotony. Good luck!
  • shakemybooty
    Options
    Day 2 done! I feel old and slow and winded!! LOL
  • shakemybooty
    Options
    Day 3 done!! One leg tricep dips are the devil.
  • AmyQwith2
    AmyQwith2 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    i agree! i'm almost through week 2 now! woohoo! but i did mis the plyo workout one night - i have a herniated disk in my back and it was acting up so i didn't want to risk it...it felt better the next day so i just jumped back in! (i think i let myself dehydrate too much and that caused the back pain so i'm being super careful to drink TONS)
  • superjeni
    Options
    Hello fellow INSANITY fans!
    I am in the middle of week 6 and love the program so far. I have seen improvement in my Fit Test scores, but so far not "seeing" a whole lot of change. My husband says i look smaller, but my clothes aren't showing it. I did take my measurements for my last Fit Test and lost about 1/2" on each thigh, though! I've heard that Month 2 is "results month"... i sure hope so! Can't wait to hear your experience. I am sure i'll do another round in the future, but i just go my Chalean Extreme in the mail and want to give it a go :-)

Keep Pushing Play!
    Jeni