lent

Options
:flowerforyou: happy fat tuesday everyone! lent starts tomorrow. I wanted to see what everyone is giving up for lent?? I'm thinking about alchohol, and caramel lattes from dunkin donuts!!

Replies

• MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I've been telling the h2b that I'm giving up sex for lent but he doesn't believe me!! haha

I'm going to take up jogging and doing the c25k as much as I can :)
  • 1111renee
    1111renee Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am not really giving up anything per se............however I am committing to more positive choices.........giving up alcohol (except for the occasional glass of red wine, and no fried foods, which I don't eat much of anyway. :)
  • jamamm
    jamamm Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I figure I'm already giving up a lot right now, it's just that I started a week early, and I'll be giving it up a lot longer than just for Lent, lol. I'm only a week into my weight loss, so I've made a LOT of changes...
  • ecahill91
    ecahill91 Posts: 69
    Options
    I was thinking red meat and Diet Coke! Alcohol is a good one...
  • patsyanne
    patsyanne Posts: 111
    Options
    Instead of giving up something, I think I will try taking on more exercise with some prayer while doing it. I think the giving up stuff has already happened with the weight loss program I am trying to be on. Good luck with your lent.
  • pocketsam
    pocketsam Posts: 134
    Options
    Giving up buying weekly gossip magazines like 'Heat' and 'OK'. Really they are full of unmotivating rubbish and focus on skinny, not healthy. Instead I have started reading useful mags like fitness ones which are also packed with low cal recipes :)
    Best wishes all through the next 40 days :) xxx
  • Gaberdeen
    Gaberdeen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I tried to inspire everyone in my office to give up something for lent 2 years ago... the habitual "*kitten*, crisps & chocolate" came to prominence but I thought giving everyone an example to lead by would be enough to get them to give up something substantial.

So I gave up my mobile phone - did anyone else?

Did they ****!
  • neonpink
    neonpink Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Im going to give up diet coke and all fizzy pops, drink no more artificial sweetners which i assumed was better than sugar but its really really not ! just water for me from now on !
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Juice! Oh this is going to be a challenge - I mean hard!!! I :heart: juice.
  • blizzies
    blizzies Posts: 5
    Options
    i am giving up my favorite food ever...Eggs. so i am not eating any eggs for 40 days. i hope i can do it!
  • SHERRIE134
    SHERRIE134 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up Calories....
  • jaylu
    jaylu Posts: 158
    Options
    when i first start mfp i was doing really well at eating healthy BUT i've slowly started back into my junk food! my love for chocolate and cake and chocolate cake lol have won in resent weeks!!
    ive been trying to keep within my cal limits for the day even when eating these bad foods but that means i'm missing out out good foods with vitamins and nutrients my body needs... so for lent i'm doing the whole no chocolate, crisps, buns thing that so many people try to do! but i'm so looking forward to the result at the end of the 40 days when i feel so much healthier for it!
    good luck everyone!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up Calories....
    Perfect---love it!
  • maryrunslikeafox
    maryrunslikeafox Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Awesome! and good luck everyone.. keep your ideas coming!!
  • Tiggermummy
    Tiggermummy Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I'm trying to come up with something to give up.

I didn't eat much chocolate before I joined MFP (still have chocolate in fridge from christmas & last easter!)
    I rarely drink alchol
    I am not really a sweets person
    I drink caffine free diet coke - once a week if that
    i drink quite a lot of coffee - but even that is decaf....

ok I admit it, I'm boring!

Perhaps I should do something I nver do, like Ironing clothes???