cal spacing?

Options
Hi,

what do you guys think is a good meal size for dinner to have on a 1300 cal intake?

i am trying to space my cals out more and want to have a smaller dinner and a 5pm afternoon snack.
eating less carbs at dinner as well

this is what im trying please let me know if it seems a good idea!

250 - 300 cals at breakfast 9am

100 - 150 cal mid morning snack 11am

200 - 250 cal lunch 1pm

150 - 200 cal mid afternoon snack 3pm

100 - 150 cal train home snack 5pm

300 - 350 evening meal 7pm

Replies

• carolyne2
    carolyne2 Posts: 109
    Options
    Looks good to me hun, and the way you have spaced them out should keep your metabolism working at its optimum level.
  • jackie8506
    Options
    I would recommend eating more for your evening meal so you don't feel hungry, could you trim your 3pm snack down to 100cals?
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is a wrong way to eat your calories, other than eating them all at once! Everyone here does it differently. Some people like to eat most of theirs early, thinking you burn more during the day. I am never really hungry until later in the day, so I do a 200 calorie breakfast, 300 calorie lunch, then use the rest for dinner or snacks.

As long as you are within your allotted calories, do what works for your body. Your schedule looks good, especially if you are a grazer. Little meals often tend to work for lots of people.
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I think thats good :D The best thing you can do for your metabolism is to space out your calories. Its recommended to divide your calories into 6 meals a day, eating every 2-3 hours. I eat 200-300 calories every 3 hours to keep mine roarin! (plan ahead for workouts)
  • nibbynoo
    nibbynoo Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    haha my 3pm snack is bigger cause i have a cappucino from our staff coffee machine! lol cutting that out would be so bad- it a treat after all!

its really wierd, i never used to be a snacker, it was just cards that are my weakness but having smaller meals throughout the day seems to be working okay.

i was just worried as on some days my eve meal is like 600 cals and it was really off balanced!

thanks guys :)