Water!

Options
OMG!!! I am having some water issues! I can't sleep at night because I have to pee every five effng minutes! I always get my water in and I don't drink past 7:30pm but I still have a hard time falling asleep (and having my precious nap on the weekends) because of the constant need to pee! It's driving me nuts! Am I drink too much water? Does anyone experience this?

Replies

• amaried621
    amaried621 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I've been waking up more throughout the night to use the bathroom also. It's normal, the more you drink the more you have to pee! It is definitely annoying to wake up so much. Maybe you can train your body to hold it ;)
  • watchmelose2
    watchmelose2 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I usually have to get up two or three times a night! But thats just part of it I guess! Our bodies need the water, so what else can we do? I have just gotten used to it!
  • peimomof2
    peimomof2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. Seems like i have to go to the bathroom every 20 min or 1/2 hour. Doesn't bother me at night so much as it does during the day.
  • ItsOn130
    ItsOn130 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    how much water are you drinking? I drink a lot of water myself but don't usually have this problem... I drink at least 75 oz/day.
  • petchonka82
    petchonka82 Posts: 156
    Options
    I hear you! I have the same problem! It was worse towards the beginning and seems to be getting a little better (emphasis on little. lol) I asked the same question and a lot of my friends have the same problem. I have noticed a huge difference in bloating though, so I guess its the lesser of two evils.
  • Lady_G
    Lady_G Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I try to drink 2 litres during the course of the day but I don't have the issue with getting up all during the night. Maybe it's a transition period and your body will get used to it and adjust accordingly.

It is recommended that we drink 2 litres per day of water but maybe this isn't the case for everyone?
  • onikuro
    onikuro Posts: 2
    Options
    I just started drinking the recommended amount about a week and a half ago and I had/have the exact same problem. I read that the longer you do it the less of a problem it will be because your body will "realize" it can regulate itself better as opposed to holding onto the water in a "thirst" mode. So it's essentially getting rid of the old stuff.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    If you are new to drinking 8-12 glasses a day this will happen. I've been doing it for years so it’s not a problem. That being said I NEVER had to go at night, that could also be partly due t o the fact your are a mom. Your plumbing gets all crazy after babies, lol!

It will get better, I drink 11 glasses of water a day and I go 3x at work during 8 hours then 3x at home before bed and I'm still drinking by 9:00pm but am fine until 6:00 am the next day.
  • ngr1973
    ngr1973 Posts: 334
    Options
    I've been drinking at least 64 oz of water for years and just bumped up (when I started MFP) to about 85 oz of water and the first two weeks was tough but now I seem to be getting back to a normal "pee-ing" schedule!!! It takes a while for your body to adjust I absolutely agree with that and I do pee a lot in the daytime but I'm not peeing through the night anymore.

My best advice is to drink water earlier in the day and drink water (I do about 16 oz) before every meal and at the end of every meal - not only does it make me feel fuller but I seem to not have to pee as much.

Hope this helps!