Stay at home moms!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    We could simply be the SAHM's on a Mission. Any other ideas. I'm completely stupid when it comes to creative group names.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I thought you were yelling at me to STAY HOME!!! Haha

My kids are grown...........can I PLEASE go out now!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

God bless all you moms who are in investments. Thats what I used to tell people who asked me what I "did". I just said I am in investments.

If they pushed me further, I told them I was investing in my childrens future!

BTW they are all grown and I have a rewarding career. My time as a sahm was instrumental in getting my foot in the door of a huge insurance company!

:flowerforyou: :love: :flowerforyou:
  • tookieb
    Options
    This sounds great!! I am from Peace River, Alberta Canada. Which if you don't know where it is gets REALLY COLD for at least 5 months of the year so we stay in a lot. My kids are 4, 2 and 4 weeks so I can't take them all out for walks any more because it is getting too cold. It would be great to have other mommies on a mission to chat with and vent to.
  • TheHottestMama
    Options
    i have a 8 year old son
    hes in 3rd grade and has school at 830 gets home at 3

i also have a 4 year old son
    hes in pre school at 830 to 1130

i also have a 2year old daughter
    whos home all day with me

luckly my youngest 2 nap at the same time!
    but my husbands a firefighter and stays at the station 2nights a week
    and then has 4days off which he usually picks up 2overtime days 11hours each. so hes at work ALOT and its often just myself and the kids! which can be stressful
  • guntherma
    guntherma Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hey, I would love to have someone to talk to about how much I love my kids but how much I would love some time away. I have a 16, 5, and 3 year old. I was a step-mother of a 20 year old and 15 year old but my husband left me in June so I guess I'm not now. I also run a daycare from my home so I am constantly surrounded by children. I love it but boy could I use a day (actually a week) away. SAHM's on a Mission sounds good to me, I am no more creative than that at 8:00 at night.:indifferent: :ohwell:
  • TaraJ16
    TaraJ16 Posts: 304
    Options
    i actually plan to start daycare soon. right now i don't have to work because dh makes enough for me to stay home, but i'd love for us to have some extra spending money every month. i plan to be a sahm until both of my kids are in school though. once their both in school all day i'm going to get a part time job during school hours!
  • Audry
    Audry Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Audry, have you tried a sling for your daughter? My 6 mon. old LOVES it. It keeps her close to me & adds a little resistance to my walk...not that her 2 brothers in the wagon don't add resistence of their own, but everyone has to come along for the ride!

http://www.theslingstation.com/

The ones on here are a little pricy, but I can't find the lady that made mine. She had her own website, but i can't find it now! :frown: But seriously, the sling is a lifesaver. Grocery shopping, walks, vacuuming...where is Tabitha? IN THE SLING! She's going to be so sad when she's too big for it...and so am I!

Thanks fo rthe advice - but we tried the sling and she just screams, so we got a backpack like thing and she's good in it for about 5 mins and then shes done - she's a hard baby . Just likes to be held & she won't take a pacifier so most of the time you have to hold her with a bottle in her mouth to get her to sleep, she dosn't take a nap unless you are holding her - it's fustrating at times
  • Audry
    Options
    OKAY - so I have a a couple people say they like "SAHM on a MISSION" for our group name - does everyone like it???

Let me know by Monday at Noon (CST)

Thanks to all you ladies, I am so excited to have so many other moms to talk to about the ups & downs of parenting & trying to excersice!!!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Ugh. My first son was like that as a baby. :( I feel for you, Audry! Thankfully, my babies got easier as they went along. Our oldest was HORRIBLE, our middle one was "normal" and then our baby is like super baby. LOL She is so quiet & so easy! That first one, though. I don't know how I survived him! Our daughter was the only one that really liked the sling, too. The second the boys got close to me, all they wanted to do was nurse like crazy! lol
  • SkinnyMama
    Options
    I think it is a great name!!
  • Audry
    Options
    :happy: I am way pump'd!!! I can't believe how many ladies are joining - I really didn't know there were that many "moms like me" out there!!!

WooHooo!!!!

1. Okay so what workouts dose everone do?

2. What are the fav foods you have had to cut back on?

3. What are you "new healthy" food favs?

(1) I really like to do Turbo Jam workouts - I bought the dvds after my first daughter was born in 2006 and really got into it about mid Sept of 2007 then I found out I was prego with my 2nd daughter & ended up having really awful morning sickness and could workout anymore - SOOO now I am getting back into the swing of things (my 2nd daughter is now 4 mo)

(2) I absolutely love fried Zucchinni and chicken fried steak with mash potatos & white gravy - I still enjoy them I have just reduced my portions by half so I don't eat as much THEN I just have to STICK with the ONE PORTIONED serving (that's kinda hard)

(3) I never new it until I tried but I love grilled chicken breast!!! Exspecially when served with slice avacado!!! YUM YUM YUM
  • kate25
    Options
    I like the name too.
  • gameset
    gameset Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    cool- count me in!!
    I have a ten year old son, who i swear belongs to someone else- he an i are constatly bashing heads when it comes to homework and such,:explode:
    and i have an eight year old son, who i also sometimes think has desended upon earth from a nother planet!!! He is so cute at the moment- he has lost his two front teeth and has learnt how to whistle by breating in- he sound like the little blue bird in Sleeping beauty!! Its soooooo funny!:laugh:

Love the name, love the thread, see y'all this week

:wink:
  • Audry
    Options
    Hey Ladies!!!
    Find more post for us in FItness under SAHM on a MISSION!!!