• anolan807
    anolan807 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. Awesome story!
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    OK I'll be the bad guy!

This is a great story but you calling them 'toothpicks' is also inapropriate is it not? :huh:
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    And that is exactly WHY I don't have a gym membership...Because of the 'Skinny *kitten* B*tches' who think they are better than anyone else in the gym....

KUDOS TO YOU...! WAY TO be yourself...! :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    HAHA! Reminded me of my bootcamp class the other day. There was this tiny little thing there with her fancy workout gear. Me in sweats and a Tee. She didn't last 10 minutes without stopping. I blazed right on through all 45 minutes. I may weigh more than she did but I was in a hell of a lot better physical condition and thats what matters.
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    Thats kickin *kitten*! Pretty big incline for that speed. Impressive.
  • bexdc
    bexdc Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! I love that post, and serves that girl right. What an idiot.

This happens to me sometimes, mostly with guys, when I'm on a treadmill. I almost always run outside, but when I run on a treadmill, it's easy to get into a "pissing" contest. They usually start out pretty fast. I'm already going at a nice clip (I sometimes do interval training on treadmills), about 8:00/mile pace or faster. They usually stop after 20 minutes, and I keep going. Hahaha.
  • Flora_Delirus
    Options
    Thank you for the laugh and made me smile. I know there are thin people that need to keep excersising to keep up their shape but it torques me that they just show up in the gym, flounce around, flip the TV channel that you were watching, make a scene so they are noticed and then leave, all the while you're doing what you can to burn off the that has accumulated over the years....
  • oliveoil87
    oliveoil87 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I love this! Thanks for sharing!
  • NuclearGirl
    Options
    I have a similar experience almost every time I go to the gym. I really like the rowing machine and usual do anything between 30 and 50 minutes. I like to keep a nice steady pace all the way through - about 30-31 strokes/min. It gets my heart rate up and my stamina has significantly improved over the past 2 months.
    There is always some young chick who just has to choose the rower next to me - they set off at a belting pace 35/36 strokes/min like they are in some sort of a race.
    I usually close my eyes - listen to my music, keep my pace going and after a few minutes I open my eyes and they are gone - like a token gesture!

Maybe I'm the only nutter at the gym that actually really like the rowing machine. :wink:
  • katelynpelerson
    katelynpelerson Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks for all the support and motivation! For all of you wondering how I run on this incline at this speed, I was in MANY soccer boot camps growing up, and we were forced to run up hills and all kinds of things. I've built up to this incline, I started out at like 2.0. I used to could only walk a mile in 30 minutes, but now I'm running two and a half in 30 minutes, another example of perseverance winning!
  • pookie55
    pookie55 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I like your style and attitude.
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    HAHA! Reminded me of my bootcamp class the other day. There was this tiny little thing there with her fancy workout gear. Me in sweats and a Tee. She didn't last 10 minutes without stopping. I blazed right on through all 45 minutes. I may weigh more than she did but I was in a hell of a lot better physical condition and thats what matters.
    :heart: this!

I often take classes at the gym and am certain I get looks from the "regulars" and the very slender women in the class.. BUT at the end the instructor always tells me "wow you hung with us!" To me that sounds like a backhanded compliment but I will take it! I can jump higher and do "fast feet" faster than most of them and that is what gives me a confidence boost! it doesn't matter what size you are, you can be healthier on the inside.. looks can be deceiving!
  • marisa_munches
    Options
    First of all, holy cow on running that quickly on that incline! So impressed. :) Second, thanks for sharing that story. It really illustrates the correct attitude towards health and fitness (and it was hilarious). Keep it up!
  • partcho
    partcho Posts: 225
    Options
    seriously, i'm not even joking or exaggerating, THIS made my day.
  • smc1277
    smc1277 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • BrittBrat33
    Options
    Might i say that i know what you are talking about!! Not the whole incline thing...i am not there yet but about going to fast to soon i have failed plenty of times bc i had that in my thought process!! But now i am taking it day by day and it is ppl like yourself who share their stories and they keep me going!! Thank you thank you thank you!! :) Wish you nothing but the best!! CHEERS!! :drinker:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    :heart: LOVE! :heart:
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    What I love about this is the perfectly illustrated point: Skinny DOES NOT = Fit!