Ive been a total bum

Options
I havent worked out in a week... I keep telling myself I need to get off my *kitten* and just do it, but still nothing, Tonight I am going to commit to the shred, I say that now but ask me tomorrow morning if I have done it, the answer will more than likely be no, I am hoping since the weather is starting to warm up I can run outside, and also make it to the gym more, since the roads won't be as bad, but truthfully, these are all excuses, I should be working out, even the shred is 20 minutes out of my day that I could surely spare...sigh... I hope tonight I will find the motivation to just get it done!

Replies

• darblij
    darblij Posts: 89
    Options
    Ha!....you sound like me. I wouldn't mind but once I get into it I love it. I know I always say it, but I will get back to it....just maybe tomorrow.
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I havent worked out in a week... I keep telling myself I need to get off my *kitten* and just do it, but still nothing, Tonight I am going to commit to the shred, I say that now but ask me tomorrow morning if I have done it, the answer will more than likely be no, I am hoping since the weather is starting to warm up I can run outside, and also make it to the gym more, since the roads won't be as bad, but truthfully, these are all excuses, I should be working out, even the shred is 20 minutes out of my day that I could surely spare...sigh... I hope tonight I will find the motivation to just get it done!

I'm holding you accountable! There's nothing to it but to do it!! Really... I understand though. It's hard to motivate yourself to do the shred. Who really likes getting their *kitten* kicked by Jillian? You're right though- it's only 20 minutes and if you really want to lose weight you have to put your whole self in. Otherwise you're just wasting time. I should really take my own advise! You can hold me to my goal too- I WILL do a pilates dvd tonight!
  • kpower1983
    kpower1983 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I know, there are always a million other, better, more interesting things to do!

I had no movement on the scales for the second week running this morning and that was my trigger to reassess my attitude.

Bottom line, if you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always got!

We gotta move our butts to make this weight loss happen!!!!

We can do this, it will definately pay off!!!!!!

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Bretto
    Bretto Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I see that you have weight goals set for yourself. Won't they be alot easier to achieve if you exercise??? So make the commitment and just do it!!!! It sounds like since you are working out at night that you are spending all day dreading it. You know if you could make yourself do it first thing in the morning, it would give you a reason to feel good about yourself everyday and not dread. Just a thought....now get up and exercise....
  • fayepatterson
    fayepatterson Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel , I just seem to find all kinds of things to do before I workout and then when I get to it I tell myself I am so tired. But we will do this
  • Katcatters
    Katcatters Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You know the minute you get your foot out the door, or just start it, you wonder why you didnt just get on with it before. Take that first step - you've done it before, otherwise you'll spend more time thinking about it, than just doing it!!
    Go for it! You can do it!
    Kx
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I don't think "telling yourself" to do things does anything except just that. Honestly, just get up and go do it. No one will make you. Motivation is a self-driven concept. If you can easily convince yourself not to do something, you can just as easily convince yourself to actually do it. Make a decision and stick to it.
  • smalltowngirl504
    Options
    I do usually work out at night, I think after tonight, I am going to start to change that to naptime, weather I work at home for nap time , or I go to the gym ( which is usually when I go is naptime) I will start working out in the afternoon, and yes, I have goals.... I just need someone to kick me in my *kitten* and say stop being so lazy, losing weight isnt easy... I need to stop making excuses as to WHY I can't lose weight, like , I am short, its harder, or its too hard to eat right, I dont have time to do that.. because I do have time and eating right is not as much as a challenge as I like to make, I need to get myself in gear and just do it!!!!! I will work out tonight wheather its the shred or something else, I will do it.... then tomorrow I will change my work out time to when my kids nap instead of at night, because at the end of the day Im exhausted from the day, the last thing I want to do is to work out!!!!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Ok, your last post said it ALL. There are NO EXCUSES as to WHY you can't lose the weight! You have to do it!! YOU HAVE TO! I def. think nap time is a better workout time. The end of the day is no good for me either. It has to be nap time or it doesn't happen. It is not hard to eat healthier, it is not hard to find 20 minutes. It is only hard to get moving and that is it in your head, do you know what I mean? You're on my friends list, so I'm going to check in on you. YOU have to be the one that kicks yourself in the butt. We will remind you, but you have to do it :smile:
  • randi50
    randi50 Posts: 112
    Options
    I know you can totally do it! I have to do mine in the morning or I don't do as well. If I end up working that day and do it at night I don't have as much energy for my workout and usually don't do as much. In the morning I just feel like I can keep going and going! :) I definitely burn more in the am than at night. I just have to tell myself to do it! As soon as I get started I am fine! I am sure it is frustrating not seeing the scale move. Try putting it away for 2 weeks and then weigh back in after busting butt for those 2 weeks. No cheating in your diet, be accountable for everything for 2 weeks. I am going to text you tonight to see if you worked out!