Dog eats owner's toes

Options
Lexie71
Lexie71 Posts: 144 Member
Just saw an article at snopes that had that headline....it seems dogs have been known to eat dying/decaying flesh even if they aren't dangerous. The man was diabetic with numb feet......poof three toes gone.

And.....we're done with the hummus

Replies

• mbuzalski
    mbuzalski Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hahahahaha!!!! :laugh:
  • AGoodExample
    Options
    I JUST watched a video about that. Gross...
  • Lexie71
    Options
    Yep maybe I will recall the article the next time I want to eat and I'm not hungry.....
  • Katcatters
    Katcatters Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    how many calories would that be? ... I cant find it on my food search.
  • ItsOn130
    ItsOn130 Posts: 269 Member
    Options

Hahaha!
  • Lexie71
    Options

I guess it would depend on which toes. There has to be a difference between the big toe and the little toe!
  • xcharysma
    xcharysma Posts: 35 Member
    Options

must be loaded with carbs. lol.
    Diabetic Oregon Man 'Doing Fine' After Dog Eats Toes

Published March 04, 2011

| Associated Press

ROSEBURG, Ore. – A diabetic man from Oregon who awoke to find that his dog had eaten three of his toes says he is recovering and hopes to leave the hospital soon.

Nathan Jones told The Associated Press on Friday that he is "doing fine" and resting, but he declined to speak further.

Jones called 911 on Tuesday to say his dog had eaten part of his right foot while he was sleeping, including three toes.

The hospital says Jones is in fair condition and was expected to go home Friday.

Jones had no feeling in his feet because of diabetes.

Roseburg veterinarian Alan Ross says the dog may have been trying to rid his owner of dead tissue, which is not uncommon.

The dog is at an animal shelter.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/03/04/diabetic-oregon-man-doing-fine-dog-eats-toes/
  • schpanks
    schpanks Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    One of my girlfriends from work (we're nurses) accidentally stepped on someone's necrotic toe and broke it off. He didn't notice, but she still does the icky dance for a long time if you bring it up.
  • Lexie71
    Options
    One of my girlfriends from work (we're nurses) accidentally stepped on someone's necrotic toe and broke it off. He didn't notice, but she still does the icky dance for a long time if you bring it up.

and how many calories are burned doing the icky dance ;)
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I found someone's ear on the highway one time. Apparently there had need a crash earlier. The girl I was dating at the time made me throw it out. Party proper.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options

No worries. Rover was playing fetch earlier and he was just eating his exercise calories.