Opinions needed: Polar FT4 or FT7??

Options
2»

Replies

• mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Are these watch models or do they come with a chest strap?

They are a chest strap HRM that link to a watch that displays HR, calories, etc. It all comes together as a package.
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Thanks very much!
  • RussianLynx
    Options
    The FT7 allows you to upload info to your computer and it tells you if you are increasing fitness or in the burning fat. Both of those features are crap (fitness and fat loss setting) as the fat burning zone really isn't what everyone thinks, you burn less cals and fat in that zone than if you worked out harder and your HR was in the higher zone.

So that being said, would the capability to upload your info to your computer be something you would want and be willing to pay extra for? That is really the big difference between the 2.

I think it uploads from the wrist unit directly to the computer via soundwaves. No cord or chip to switch over.
    It would be nice to upload info to my computer but I thought another acessory was needed to be able to upload? But your saying that i can upload to my computer just by purchasing the HRM? Also have you used the upload feature, is it worth the $$?

I believe you do need another device, not sure how much it is though. I went with the FT4, when deciding between the 2.