MFP Runners Club September 27

Options
5K race today. Woke up late so getting there on time is the first challenge! I feel good though.

Will check in later. :smile:

Jane

Replies

• MrsDanceBartley
    MrsDanceBartley Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    5K race today. Woke up late so getting there on time is the first challenge! I feel good though.

Will check in later. :smile:

Jane
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    good luck!!!!!!!!!!!:drinker: you'll have a blast!!!

hugs!
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    waiting on my husband to get up. he's going to run the first part of my 6 miles with me.
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Best of luck, Jane! can't wait to hear your update.

Once husband gets back from his run, I'm off to do 6 miles in the drizzle.

Have a good day, runners!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Good luck on the 5K, Jane!!

I ran 7.2 miles this morning. I did a Cardio Coach, Press Play workout w/ a LOT of hills... total hill drills and sprints!!! I'm at my Inlaws in Missouri, a LOT more hills here than flat Illinois! :tongue:

Have a good one!

Jess
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning:flowerforyou:

I ran a 5K race this morning. My time was 26:20. Pretty good for an old lady.:bigsmile:

I set a new 5K pr and a course pr. I finished 6:28 faster than last year when I raced this same course. Also, I finished 2:38 faster than my previous 5K pr.

Make it a great day
    -Kechie.
  • alimassa
    Options
    Great Job Kechie!! Nothing brightens your morning like setting personal records!

Jess- Nice work on the hills....they are always a killer.

Keep up the great work Everyone!!

Ali
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,374 Member
    Options
    Kechie: How fantastic!!!
    Best of luck to others with races this am.
    WTG with the hills, Jess. Explain the Cardio Coach you listen to. And enjoy the in-law visit.

No run for me today. I need to get in 60 minutes of cross training. I'm thinking of TJ Total Body Blast with the ball. I love that workout!

My P90X should be here by the end of the week. I can't wait! (I think.)
  • jdtrainer
    Options
    I ran 3 miles this morning. I kept my heart rate in the 80-90% of max range. It was cool out fhis morning. Life is good!

Jd
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options

I ran a 5K race this morning. My time was 26:20. Pretty good for an old lady.:bigsmile:

I set a new 5K pr and a course pr. I finished 6:28 faster than last year when I raced this same course. Also, I finished 2:38 faster than my previous 5K pr.

Make it a great day
    -Kechie.

Kechie -

Way to go! Old lady, my foot! You're rocking, girl! :bigsmile:
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

Make it a great day
    -Kechie.

Kechie - Awesome Job!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: That's what it is all about, getting fitter, faster, being your best.

Jane, have fun on your 5K.

14 mile training run for me today. Weather was great. My running buddies were biking today, so it was just me and my ipod, feeling good and getting in the groove.
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    Great time Ketchi!!!:flowerforyou:

I did 5.4 miles this morning, but it wasn't pretty.:ohwell: I got out late and it got hot fast. I would stop and walk for about a minute at least every mile. It was strange to do that, I usually try to run the entire thing.

I GOT A QUESTION!!!!:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
    I think in part also with my promotion at work, I am standing all day now and I have a strange feeling in one of my legs, kind of soar like a shin splint, but more on the inner calf. Can you get a shin splint on the inner calf like that? I ran it though as best I could.

Big Day Thursday, Yeah new boobs!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    I am hoping to get in a couple of good runs before, as I am sure I will be off the running track for at least a month. I will let you know how it goes.
  • MrsDanceBartley
    MrsDanceBartley Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Not only did we get up late we got lost on the way to the race too!

I am waiting for results, but think I knocked 3 mins at least off my last race time about a month ago, and was aiming for under 40 mis. Crossed the line at 40 12, but started at the back of the pack so a few seconds to get across the chip starter line. We'll see.

I want to get back down to around 32 mins which I was doing easily and regularly about 5 years ago before I put the weight on.

Oh and by the way this race was at a local fire station. Maybe my good time was helped by the thought of firemen at the rescue if I fell over and also having them cheer everyone on through the race!
  • tweety3
    tweety3 Posts: 118
    Options
    Way to go today racers!! I hope I can be in the 20's next weekend on my 5k!! Nice times!!!!:flowerforyou:

I ran 6 miles today. Feeliing great! Gettin those carbs in Jess!!

BTW.. Jess... where in Missouri are you?? That is my home :drinker:
  • lisarae
    lisarae Posts: 113
    Options
    Got up and ran. Beautiful crisp fall day in Iowa. Ran 3.5, walked 1, ran 2.5. I think I could have walked less. Part of that walk was devoted to dodging hills of goose poo on the trail. Almost like an obstacle course!
    Great runs today guys! Seems like I always get a better run in on Saturdays. I'm more relaxed, but also more motivated.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    great job everyone....its been awhile since I posted here....but I ran 7 miles today....its been YEARS and one baby since I ran that much ....lol it felt great! I did in 66 mins....not too bad I know I'll feel it tom but I am soooo excited...just wanted to share (brag):laugh:

you all rock...
    best! and hugs!
    Ali :drinker:
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    JANE I THINK WE RAN THE SAME RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That's awesome that your time was better than last month's race. Bummer about the computer, but how 'bout those firemen.......

Fancy meeting you here......

Kechie good job!!! That is an awesome time!!!! Are you going to continue racing? With that kind of time you should!!!!

I was pretty happy with my time. I just wanted to place in the race. This is probably the hardest course I've run since I started running again. Thank you MFP for the motivation. And thank you to everyone in here for the advice, patience and encouragement!!!!!
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Strawberry did you just change running shoes? I had that same problem. I was finally put into a pair of shoes that were right for my feet when I run and had that happen to me. It took a few weeks, but it did go away.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Way to go today racers!! I hope I can be in the 20's next weekend on my 5k!! Nice times!!!!:flowerforyou:

I ran 6 miles today. Feeliing great! Gettin those carbs in Jess!!

BTW.. Jess... where in Missouri are you?? That is my home :drinker:

Hey girl! Not too far from Hannibal, about 25 min. I'm in Illinois, but my IL's live here! Small world!

Jess
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hi all, went running today for the first time after a week off with the stomach flu. I did an hour of intervals! But now I have bad stomach cramps! It is hot here. Is it the flu or am I dehydrated? What do the experts say? :ohwell:
    Bunny