Giving up chocolate

Options
Hey there fellas and lady-fellas!

Tomorrow is the start of Lent and i'm planning on giving up chocolate, biscuits, cakes... anything lovely and sweet in other words! I wanted to know who would be interested in joining me?! For me, Lent has nothing to do with religion, this is just a good excuse for me and for others to try giving up foods we just can't get enough of for 40 days!

Give up whatever you like. I'd suggest going for something you find difficult to say no to!

Who's up for it?

Begins tomorrow and ends on Monday 18th April.

Replies

• kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I currently am in the process of doing that, I was giving it up for lent too, but I started a little early! haha so I am right there with ya! no chocolate for me!
  • millesun
    millesun Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I thinking about giving up bread......or maybe coffee.
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Count me in Kidda!!! [I'll give all that up with you!]
  • HBean
    HBean Posts: 55
    Options
    I'm giving up sugar in my coffee and tea :drinker:
  • knelson422
    knelson422 Posts: 308
    Options
    I have given up chocolate for at least the next year. Started Dec 9th of 2010. My reason is bc my son asked if I would pay him $200 if he gave up candy for a year, I said sure (thinking there is no way this kid will make it a week) and he is doing it. My dad heard about that and asked if i would pay him $200 if he gave up alcohol for a year, I said sure (thinking the same thing I did about my son) - and he is doing it. So...without discussing with my husband I would be out $400. So I asked my dad if he would give me my $200 if I went without chocolate for a year. The deal is on. Anyway, I have felt much better since not eating chocolate, lost 21 pounds because I don't bake brownies or cookies every other day. I really feel a lot better. I think I might not go back, I just feel so much better. I used to go through 1/2 a bag of chocolate chips a day. It has been nice change. Good luck!!!
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up sugar in my coffee and tea :drinker:

I'm trying! compromised on half a spoon so far! lol
  • monicanicoletta
    monicanicoletta Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    im not giving up sweets entirely because I'm allowing myself 100 calorie vitatops BUT I am giving up chocolate/candy!
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Yay! It's a good reason for us to try kicking the habits of too much sugar / too much coffee / too many sweeties. We can do it, people. I've done it before and once you get it in your head that this is what you're doing then it becomes really easy!
  • nessthemess
    Options
    I would love to join in. I don't eat a lot of it anyway. I have found some sugar free candy around the place, which are a lot less in calories which I will ween myself down to. SUGARFREE everything I say... for starters!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up chocolate for lent...and I'm already craving it:( Easter Sunday at noon...that is the deadline...because lets face it, the easter bunny doesn't bring carrot sticks and apples
  • Neliel
    Options
    I have given up chocolate for at least the next year. Started Dec 9th of 2010. My reason is bc my son asked if I would pay him $200 if he gave up candy for a year, I said sure (thinking there is no way this kid will make it a week) and he is doing it. My dad heard about that and asked if i would pay him $200 if he gave up alcohol for a year, I said sure (thinking the same thing I did about my son) - and he is doing it. So...without discussing with my husband I would be out $400. So I asked my dad if he would give me my $200 if I went without chocolate for a year. The deal is on. Anyway, I have felt much better since not eating chocolate, lost 21 pounds because I don't bake brownies or cookies every other day. I really feel a lot better. I think I might not go back, I just feel so much better. I used to go through 1/2 a bag of chocolate chips a day. It has been nice change. Good luck!!!

I like this. I like this a LOT. I would love to be able to do something like that! It would be such a mega challenge for me because I crave chocolate so freakin' bad. How long have you lasted so far? I'm going to consider this during my lent thing. And if I think I can carry on then I will! Thank you! xx
  • lots2live4
    lots2live4 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    LOL, I'm glad I'm not the only one doing this. I'm actually having my daughters give up chocolate and soda for lent with me! I think I'm missing it already too! I am a total chocolate addict and know this will be a tough road ahead, but I think by having my family do it with me we'll help keep each other on track. Gosh I really hope so!
  • hippiechel
    hippiechel Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    i'm giving up chocolate for lent. this is definitely gonna be difficult!

btw, lent ends on APRIL 25, SUNDAY. lent is 40 days/nights of fasting, but you do not count each sunday, as each sunday is kind of like a mini-easter (so you can "cheat" on sundays if you want). lent does not end on a monday!
  • Neliel
    Options

btw, lent ends on APRIL 25, SUNDAY. lent is 40 days/nights of fasting, but you do not count each sunday, as each sunday is kind of like a mini-easter (so you can "cheat" on sundays if you want). lent does not end on a monday!

Really? I totally counted wrong then! Damn fool! It's okay. I'm going to see how I go and I might... just MIGHT give it all up for a year :D
  • hippiechel
    hippiechel Posts: 170 Member
    Options

Really? I totally counted wrong then! Damn fool! It's okay. I'm going to see how I go and I might... just MIGHT give it all up for a year :D

i think it's 46 days or so from now till easter, but you don't count each sunday.. so it's only total 40 days of fasting. does that make sense? it's ok, i only discovered that you are allowed to stop fasting on sundays not too long ago!