It Fits!!! (Nsv)

Options
godivaNY
godivaNY Posts: 17 Member
While Cleaning out my closet today... I tried on Jeans I haven't fit into for almost a decade and they all fit!! :-) I have been trying to wear my "Big" clothes and they all are 2 sizes too big so I'm literaly swimming in them. I'm so excited to have some clothes that actually fit and not having to spend some extra $$$ lol. Thank goodness I like bootcut jeans and dark rinses that don't go out of style ;-).

Replies

• cbbradshaw
    Options
    That's so awesome!! Keep up the good work.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome! Keep up the good work!
  • unhealthynomore
    Options
    So exciting!! Keep it up!
  • ItsOn130
    ItsOn130 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up!!
  • godivaNY
    Options
    Thank you all so much :-). I can't get this smile off of my face. ^_____^
  • kbray003
    kbray003 Posts: 52
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I am so jealous!!

Several months ago I cleaned out some of the junk in my house to take to Good Will. I tossed in a few clothes that I haven't worn in years. Included was a pair of jeans that are two sizes too small for me. It broke my heart to put them in the box because I loved the style of them and I didn't get to wear them as much as I would have liked to. Well good thing Im a procrastinator because the box intended for Good Will is still at my house. I took the jeans out and hung them up in my room so that i can look at them everyday and remind myself to stay on track in hopes to fit back in them.
  • manymuses
    manymuses Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    That must be a wonderful feeling! Congratulations on all the heard work and dedication that brought you to this point!!
  • godivaNY
    Options
    You can do it kbray!! :-) It's nice to have clothes as a motivator instead of only a scale. ^__^

Thank you manymuses :-) It was a lot of hard work ^___^
  • jclji4
    jclji4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    That's AWESOME!!!! Keep up the great work.
  • fontaine3b
    Options
    That's so great!!! I too had a smaller moment like that when I tried on one of my "old" tops and realized it was not a 1x or xl!!!

Can I ask, your profile states that you started in Jan. of this year (think) and you've lost a total of 31 lbs so far!!! that's excellent, I started around the second week of Feb. and have only lost 6, I do feel much better and clothes are fitting good, but I am disappointed that I can't seem to move the scale. I HAVE lost an inch from both my waist and hips, but I feel like I am working so hard and not getting anywhere.

I am staying well within my alotted calories, sometimes a little short but never by more than 100 and other days going over, again usually not by more that 250, I will continue but hope to see your success soon!!!

Again, great job!!! such an awesome feeling!!!!
  • godivaNY
    Options
    Thanks JC :-)

Fontaine :-) I did start in MFP this year in January. I started my weight loss journey starting around October 2010 after my birthday and I wasn't really counting calories and just improved choices I made when it came to eating. I was still living a sedentary lifestyle so I admit I wasn't really exercising. I lost around 8lbs last year (according to my wii fit) and decided I would get serious with the new healthier lifestyle I wanted to lead. I quit being sedentary, bought a scale and exercised almost everyday 2x's a day (1 hour in the morning and 1 hour during late afternoon) so that probably boosted my weight loss. I also eat within my calorie goals and even eat some of my exercise calories back. I do a lot of high impact aerobics like step aerobics with a 8inch step and some moderate aerobics, I also do strength training, yoga, pilates and dance aerobics. I think the key for me was the exercise and counting calories. Everyone is different and all of us lose weight at a different pace. I think measuring inches lost and the way your clothes fit is a better indicator of weight loss. :-) You're doing an excellent job and definitely keep up the good work with your new healthier lifestyle ^____^
  • fontaine3b
    Options
    Thanks!! just having a why me day!

You keep up the good work too!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!