Fittness with Fibromyalgia

Options
MrsPalek
MrsPalek Posts: 17 Member
Hi, I am new to MFP and I am looking to get into good physical shape. I am a stay at home with a 16 year old and a 4 1/2 year old. I recently turned 40 years old and I struggle everyday with Fibromyalgia. I would love to connect with people who are in the same age range with kids who I can relate to and stay motivated.

If you also suffer from Fibromyalgia I would also like to connect with you and learn ways of staying fit while coping with the symptoms of this crappy affliction.

Dana
Dover, FL

Replies

• bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Howdy, I am a 28 year old mum of two, they are nine and one. I have been ill for a fair few months, I have all over body pains, dizziness, fuzzy head, you name it, I have it. The doctors have narrowed it down, to fibro, CFS or MS, I just havent been diagnosed yet. I have found strangely the more I work out the less symptoms I have and this seems to be confusing the doctors as it should be the other way round.

You have defo come to the right place for support though and feel free to add me.
  • iamabusymom
    iamabusymom Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey Dana,

We are in the same boat. I'm 41, kids ages 12-17 and I have fibromyalgia. I wish you success in your weight loss and lots of pain free days!!
  • MrsPalek
    MrsPalek Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It feels bizarre to be "40". Really, I'm the grown-up? I am taking Tramadol for pain and it seems to be working well with very few side effects. How do you manage your Fibromyalgia?

Thanks for the encouragement and I wish you well too.

Dana
    Dover, FL