Healthy Cereal (No more than 5 grams of fat)

Options
Hello MFP, Please help with healthy cereal options with no more than 5 grams of fat. I love Honey Bunches of Oats but too much sugar for my diet. I need ones that taste good but with less sugar. Sorry typo in the topic should be sugar not fat. I guess i have fat on my mind..lol
Thanks!

Replies

• Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Fiber One or Cheerios?
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    nature's path, they have maple crunch, vanilla walnut, and others, plus they are all gluten-free.
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I just tried the Cinnamon Burst Cheerios. All I can say is - YUM! I grew up on sugary cereals, and even at 37 could be seen buying Lucky Charms, Fruit Loops and Frosted Flakes at the market.

These Cheerios are awesome - the cinnamon gives you enough sweet to satisfy that sugar cereal want, but they are only 2g of fat, 110 calories, 9g of sugar and 20% of your daily fiber!
  • cptino
    cptino Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Special K Protein Plus
  • EvilPirateJohn
    EvilPirateJohn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I haven't found anything healthier than Kashi's GoLean Cereal.

cals - 140
    fat - 1
    protein - 13
    fiber - 10
    sugar - 6

Keep in mind, it doesn't have much taste and takes a bit to get used to. I like to throw in a 1/4 cup of blueberries to give it some taste.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Erwhon rice crispies. YUM! Rice chex? Multigrain cheerios? hot cereals? Like whole grain oats, or that kind of thing? Cream of wheat?
  • MaryBachert
    MaryBachert Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Fibre One Caramel Delight.
  • knelson422
    knelson422 Posts: 308
    Options
    I love Quaker crunchy corn bran. It is really good, has a sweet flavor, 90 calories per serving. It is NOT like the nasty bran like All-bran (sorry anyone who loves that stuff). I can eat it as a snack without milk. Good luck!
  • Sweetlost
    Sweetlost Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I don't really mind the fat but the sugar content which might sabotage my diet goal. Thanks Guys!!
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I think Kashi Honey Sunshine is very good! Sugar is 6g and Fiber is 6g and it tastes good.
  • Sweetlost
    Sweetlost Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. Will sure give it a try. Thanks.