Dislocated shoulder

2»

Replies

• icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Hey girl,
    I broke my arm and dislocated my shoulder 7 years ago, took care in the rehab, all the things listed and one with a towel, dropped it over my good shoulder with my good arm and grabbed it behind my back with the bad one and pulled gently, so I could get the range of motion for reaching behind me. I have only had the odd twinge or two over the years since, do I have to worry about it popping out now? I would think those muscles and veins and stuff are all pretty much back in place. how long will it take you to get back into the normal range? will you ever regain 100% of your range of motion? I rarely even think about it when I lift or stretch, what should I look out for or be more aware of? can you cardio on the bike or something instead of weight training? don't hurry yourself, as I am sure you won't, even if you are tempted to rush things along. hope you get all better soon. :flowerforyou:
    RJ

7-14 days and I should be good as new. The first time I did it, I was ok in less than 10 days. I just have to take is easy for a couple of weeks.
    Thanks
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    If you had to have someone help you re-locate it, it was definitley dislocated. Subluxations reduce spontaneously on their own. Let me know if you are going to see a PT or not, I can e-mail you a rehab protocol to help right now and to reduce the chance of future injury! Glad to hear nothing is torn; that would have set you back months, not days or weeks. Get well soon :flowerforyou:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    I went and saw an ortho. He is sending soem papers home with my husband tonight to help me out. I will go back to him in a week.
    Thanks