Chips!

Options
-What's your favorite kind?

-What do you do when you're trying to count out a serving and all you have is broken chips?

-Any low calorie options?

Replies

• Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Popchips - 100 calories a bag and all natural. And I find them delish!
  • melischemitz
    melischemitz Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    For broken chips, weigh them with a food scale, the serving size should indicate oz as well as number of chips.
  • Malb3
    Malb3 Posts: 4
    Options
    Baked chips are much better calorie wise.. although they don't taste as well. Original Lays are good baked. My favorite by far are Doritos! If I have a broken chip, I always get other broken pieces and make a whole one with pieces... lol
  • drewangela
    Options
    Chips are my downfall! I have found Lay's Light Chips as my guilty pleasure. One serving has 75 calories(about 20 chips). Still not the best choice over an apple or banana but, let's be honest, we are human and we still have "wants" and I figure if I stick to the serving and stay within my calorie range, I'm doing ok!
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Pop chips are delish. I eat the whole bag as my special treat and don't feel guilty, not one bit.
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Baked chips! And as for broken ones , use a food scale!
  • Shaye85
    Shaye85 Posts: 107
    Options
    chips are horrible for you...no matter if it's in your calorie goal or not. i have quaker crispy mini rice cakes...dill pickle...they r amazing! fil u up better and really no diffirence in taste for me, they come in so many diffirent flavors! mmm!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    My new LOVE- Special K cracker chips Sour cream and onion flavor 27 chips 110 calories or Sea salt flavor 30 chips 110 calories
  • veggiemuncher12
    veggiemuncher12 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Special K cracker chips!
  • ashleighk2010
    Options
    I gave up on chips because the calories are so high and I don't like any of the low-cal options like baked chips...

However, I LOVE the Cheetos Natural Puffs White Cheddar... they're all naturals, they've also got no preservatives. They don't leave that gross cheese on your hands, or the greasy fingers and they sit REALLY well in my stomach. Plus they melt in your mouth. YUM.

A bonus, the serving size is 32 pieces so you actually get a ton of them. I sometimes even do just a half serving with a sandwich and it's plenty.
  • ItsOn130
    ItsOn130 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    My favorite chip would have to be something like doritos or salt and vinegar... but I've only been eating Cape Cod kettle cooked chips, 40% reduced fat... there are only 3 ingredients in them!
  • sburt1
    sburt1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Light pringels....YUMMY!!!
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    ah chips,,,,,, I love them too! I don't usually count the broken ones but thats just my method of trying to score more to eat!

I have tried the sour cream & onion pop chips and they are very light and low cal. You can eat 31 chips for 170 calories but the sodium is fairly high at 450 mg. Moderation, as always, is the key. Enjoy!
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I get the pringles light sour cream and just recently found the special k cracker chips.. I believe they are 27 chips for 110 calories :) I've heard about popchips but never tried them but plan to soon :D
  • Snelllee
    Snelllee Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    OMG! Chips are the devils food! Once you pop you can't stop is so true. I love them all, but my favorite...baked bbq lays and salt and vinegar chips. I can't eat a serving size. When there's broken chips it becomes free food in my mind! Obviously I haven't had chips in a while, they can't be in my house!
  • answede
    answede Posts: 1
    Options
    Try the PopChips! Yummy!
  • chasing_130
    chasing_130 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I love chips. I don't really like any of the "healthy" options though for them. They don't taste like authentic chips to me lol

My favorite chips are Lay's Lightly Salted. They're 150 calories for 20 of them.
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! I LOVE the new Special K Sea Salt chips!!!!!! 30 chips for 110 calories and they taste JUST like Munchos chips!!! YUMMY!!! :bigsmile:
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    i love Terra Exotic Vegetable Chips :) they are a full serving of vegetables per serving and very low in sodium. there are also Terra Sweet Potato Chips which are no salt added!

i use a a digital scale to measure my chips (along with everything else. its a life saver!)

im OCD about measuring and weighing everything.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I love soy crisps-barbecue flavor. Also Trader Joe's has baked Vinegar and Salt chips which are yum! I think a food scale is a good investment in any kitchen, I love mine and use it constantly.