What is the right weight for my height?

Options
Hi Guys! I'm a very tall girl, 5' 11" and have a medium-large frame and finding out my ideal weight for my height has been a bit of a challenge. Anyway, I did some hunting around and I found a really nice website about calculating the right weight for your height that I think is actually realistic as it also takes into consideration your frame size. So I thought I'd share it with you in case you are like me. Be sure after you plug in your numbers to scroll to the bottom of the page to enter your frame size.

http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/body.htm

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    These numbers are close to what I use.

For a woman 100 lbs at 5' and add 5lbs/inch
    For a man 106 at 5' and add 6lbs/inch

So a 5'11" woman would be 155 (100+5*11)
    A 5'11 man would be 172 (106+6*11)

These calcs are for medium frames for small frames -10%, for large frames add 10%.
  • Ally63
    Ally63 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! Great website!
  • lizzieballs
    Options
    I went to the website and put in all my info and found that the number they gave was very very close to my ideal weight...good website!
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    thanks for sharing. whats nice is that you AND erikirbs calculations put me right where my goal is. yay.
  • parrotpaige
    Options
    Thanks for the website, it's nice to have many different ideas on ideal weight...my weight goal (125) is just a little lower than the ideal weight (130 or so), so it looks like I'm right on track. Thanks again!
  • Siy26
    Siy26 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Nice website! It's exactly what I'm looking for.

Right now:

I'm 5'5'' 168lbs

Perfect weight 126lbs.

Thanks!
  • gaeljo
    gaeljo Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hi Erik! Thanks for those numbers, very nice.