Two-A-Days?!?

Options
I've been doing the Insanity workout for a few days and really enjoy it, and Sean T. has got me amped up, but I find myself missing the gym. I feel that I'm within 'sight' of my goal weight and can make it happen.

Does anyone on here do two-a-days? Twice a day to the gym or a workout in the AM and PM? I'm thinking I'm going to start doing Insanity in the mornings before work and the gym after. Kick this fat to the curb!

Thoughts?

Replies

• shanhawk
    shanhawk Posts: 44
    Options
    I work out twice a day six days a week and LOVE it!! I feel great and find I have more energy!! Plus I love the results I have gotten so far! For me its a win - win!!
  • choley222
    choley222 Posts: 57
    Options
    I don't do it all the time but I have and I feel amazing the days I do.
  • Hailz1986
    Hailz1986 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I got 1 time a day for 3 days a week, then 2 times a day the other 4 x
  • FitnessChefJime
    FitnessChefJime Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I do two a days 5 days a week Monday-Friday if your body wants more give it more!!
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I do when I am training for a race. I will do my runs in the morning before work and then after work I will go to the gym for weights and the cardio classes that I enjoy. I just can't make myself get out of bed to run when it's cold and dark - otherwise I would do it all year round.
  • rmmattox34
    Options
    I have just started that and I love it. I hope I see some results soon cause once a day wasn't working!!!
  • JustMichelleB
    Options
    I totally wish I could!! I do a "two a day" on the weekends. I get up too early as it is for work during the week to squeeze in an AM workout. But on the weekends, I''ll run in the morning and do a P90X workout in the late afternoon.
  • bethabeeg
    bethabeeg Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I work out in the morning after I drop the kids off at school and before work. Then when our daughter gets home from school she wants to work out too. So it's like an added bonus on working out (even though she is already fit with the arms legs and six pack cause she is like a monkey)!
  • amehrkens
    amehrkens Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I do 2 a days all the time! I work out in the morning before work and then again during my lunch hour. I love it.
  • ahbach2005
    ahbach2005 Posts: 119
    Options
    SOunds like your doind really well. Be careful of overtraining. 2-a-days are great as long as you dont overdo it. Ifind I get sick or wind up with a sore joint or a trip th the chiro if I get carried away. Watch your caloires too, you may need to increase a little.

Go for it and good luck.
  • npoorte
    npoorte Posts: 5
    Options
    I am doing something from the same producers of Insanity (P90X), they have a routine that calls for two a days. The way it is broke down is you do Cardio in the AM (based off what I have experienced and seen, that would be your insanity since no weights are involved) and then doing a more of a weight routine in the evening (your gym workout).

I do the "Doubles routine" and instead of the "Cardio" video that it calls for, I run or do another cardio style routine and then the weight routine in the evening. Sometimes I string them together if I can't get them in a separate times. I love it!

You have to make sure you are getting the nutrients though. Make sure your not depraving yourself just to make the weight go away. If you don't have enough nutrients to last through the work out, you will send your body into a catabolic state. Other than this, it is a great way to do workouts and you will feel energetic.

I do this 6 days a week also, and haven't seen any issues. I have been dropping the weight and everything is fitting great (had to get a new wardrobe.

Do some research on the best "two a day" workout regimen and you should be fine.
  • KelliH729
    KelliH729 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Count me in the not every day crowd but there are times I do twice a day. Mondays I have Zumba around lunchtime and then there is another Zumba class at the Y the same day so I do it twice that day. I get up at 5am as it is and in order to get a morning workout in I would have to get up at 430 and I just honestly do not see wanting to get up at 430 to workout being successful...haha. But I have a set goal of 10 May so who knows I may jump on board.