What do to with that greek yogurt...

Options
sbilyeu75
sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
I always see posts about how people don't know what to do with greek yogurt or they just don't like it. I didn't like it so much either when I was trying to eat it with fruit. However, I've started using it in place of mayo, miracle whip and sour cream. To me, it tastes better when used like that.

How do you like to use greek yogurt?

Replies

• emdeegan
    emdeegan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    i use it as a sour cream substitute and in smoothies for protien.
  • krisvtx8777
    krisvtx8777 Posts: 163
    Options
    I only like it as sour cream---on tacos or potato and as dip for veggies.
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AliciaAnne1984
    Options
    I can't do it on it's own but I love it layered in a glass with fruit and granola.
  • JenniferTasso
    JenniferTasso Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Try Chobani Greek Yogurt!.....all you will want to do with it, is eat it...tastes like a dessert, so many flavors...and yes, you can use the plain as a sour cream substitute
  • LOVEsummer
    LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    6 oz plain greek yogurt ( I like Fage and Chobani best )- 90 cal
    1/2 cup no sugar added canned peaches ( I chop the slices up )- 30 cal
    1 packet stevia- 0 cal
    dash of cinnamon if you like

(sometimes if I want more of a parfait I add 2 T of fiber one bran cereal on top!)

I mix it all together and VOILA! it's like frozen yogurt!!! nomnomnom addicted
  • pkd1
    pkd1 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I only use it for tacos, mashed potatoes etc, as a sour cream replacement
  • onawho
    onawho Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have one most mornings, mix in a bit of grape nuts, or fresh fruit, or honey! Honey takes the tangyness away.
  • Soulmeetsbody0
    Options
    I personally can't stand it when eaten with vegetables etc. I eat it with cinnamon/ fruits/ honey/ almonds or oats. Tastes great!
  • annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I eat it? Of course, I buy the stuff with fruit mixed in, or Vanilla flavored. But I eat it mostly. I also put it in smoothies and freeze it for a frozen yogurt treat.
  • jessjll
    jessjll Posts: 1
    Options
    I add any kind of flavoring I want, almond extract, vanilla, lemon, etc, and a little bit of agave nectar and it's so good!!
  • crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    my daughter and I love the plain with cucumbers chopped up in it and a little water, in fact, today is Ash Wednesday, therefore no meat for us Catholics today, so that is what I am having for lunch! cheers!
  • Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    bump
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    smear it over your body and get hubby to lick it off???? rofl
    sorry....1st thing i thought of!
  • misssuperstitious
    Options
    Try Chobani Greek Yogurt!.....all you will want to do with it, is eat it...tastes like a dessert, so many flavors...and yes, you can use the plain as a sour cream substitute
    That's good to hear, I just bought this last night, I hope I like it because I HATE THE FAGE BRAND! :)
  • kajunsarah
    Options
    I'm enjoying a Chobani Champions 110 cal at this time..yummmmm
  • JoJo1953
    JoJo1953 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    That's good to hear, I just bought this last night, I hope I like it because I HATE THE FAGE BRAND! :)
    I agree. It's delicious as I sit here eating one with my lunch.:flowerforyou:
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    So why is everyone all about the greek yogurt, what does it have that plain nonfat yogurt doesn't have...sounds like a bandwagon to me.....6oz of chobani black cherry has 150 cals, which seems rather high to me, and 14g of protein which seems decent. Plain nonfat yogurt, something generic perhaps, has 130 cals in 8 oz (which is more quantity less cals) and 13 g of protein.....only 1g difference. Sounds like clever marketing at work....unless it really tastes better, which i've heard that it tastes like eating sour cream if you get the unflavored kind. Just my .02....reminds me of when i saw the activia commercial saying it has probiotics, when all yogurt has probiotics...is greek yogurt really that more amazing than what we've been eating for years? Or is it clever marketing?
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I like the Chobani fruit flavored ones too. :)
  • remembertheharddrive
    remembertheharddrive Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm another voice in the chorus of Chobani lovers.

For greek yogurt, I add it to my morning protein shakes along with water when I'm out of milk.

When I first started eating it at the prompting of my nutritionist, I eased my way in.

First I added 1 tbsp of agave nectar and berries to plain, regular yogurt. Once I got over the tart taste of plain yogurt, I shifted to plain greek yogurt which tastes the same, but thicker and less plasticy. I eased off the agave nectar as time when on, until now, when I'm just happy to toss in some fruit. I used to thin it with a little bit of milk too, when I was adding in flaxseed or protein powder. Adding a little flavored protein powder can make it more palatable as well, but like I said, you have to thin it a bit.

I used it place of sour cream on an Ezekial 14:9 tortilla-based veggie quesadilla.

For a party I was hosting, I used greek yogurt in my own clean caramelized onion dip. It was amazing!