New Job, Very active... Home Depot Lot Attendant...

Options
I was wondering, I am now working for THD, as a Lot Attendant. I literally walk back and forth with baskets, and flat-carts. I was wondering, if my shift is 2:30 to 6:30, and I walk at least 3 hours total, how should I log this? Or should I just log my actual time at the gym instead and count the walking as just party of my regular routine?

It's just that sometimes after work I feel that I have walked so much that my feet have literally decided they are through with walking for the day... but I love going to the gym and doing the elliptical regaurdless.. I just don't know how to log my exercise at work...

If you have any suggestions that would be awesome...

PS I do not own a HRM..

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    change your activity level to Active, then you don't have to log it, just log actual workouts.
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    I see people putting cleaning on here. Now I clean and raise 3 little girls under the age of 5-so when I am done I am usually pretty sweaty. However I never log anything but intentional exercise. I say do it how you want.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    change your activity level to Active, then you don't have to log it, just log actual workouts.

this
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options

I would do this...

I try to stay away from logging things other than actual workouts. Hooray you cleaned the house and burned some calories, but don't you do that every week anyway? I consider those freebie burns, your body is accustomed to it. But since you are upping your overall activity I would update the level you are set at... who knows, maybe you'll get some extra calories. =)
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Ahhh I do not miss the days of working their. I worked in Electrical. Just to warn you while working there you will blow out shoes in no time. And also just mark your life as active.
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I would also vote for changing the activity level in your profile and then logging only true exercise.
  • AdrianCountsToo
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for the advice :)
  • DylanFriesen
    Options
    You guys seriously suck eggs
    Home depot is the worst store out there