Not sure I am Ready

Options
A friend suggested this site. I would like to lose 10 lbs. That shouldn't be that hard. I have always found exercising to be worthwhile. I am doing a walking video right now and really like it. In the past I have done water exercise. I have also been walking outside, trying to do that on a daily basis. The weather has not cooperated much lately though. That's the reason I started the walking video. So now I do the video daily and also walk outside weather permitting. I have not lost a single pound. I think that I am modifying my diet enough to lose, but evidently NOT ! I don't want to count calories or even write down what I eat. I am being stubborn I know. I also know from a lifetime of trying to control my weight, that I will succeed if and when I start doing that. So that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Progress reports to come. Soon I hope.

Replies

• clahut
    clahut Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi,

All I can say is that I thought I was eating ok until I start logging, and boy was I so wrong! Logging everything I eat has been a real education for me.

C
  • WomanPower79
    Options
    You are soo very right! its all about when you are ready. It took me a year to FINALLY get it together! so ... so what if you gotta keep trying over and over again. dont give up. i noticed at first i would last 5 days, then on the next go 10 or 12 days, then a month, then 10 days again. So my journey has been a roller coaster. Point is.. dont give it. I finally got focused in December... and i havent looked back..yet. and IF i do.. guess what? SO WHAT?! lol i will just start over again. Good luck to you! Your friend sent you to the right place!
  • krystleRD
    krystleRD Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    No one is ready to lose weight..... you have it easy 10lbs compared to 199 lbs.... Walking is a good way to lose weight, but if your not eating right it wont help.. This website is easy on counting your food intake so is the exercise part.. Im here if you need motivation good luck on your weight loss journey.
  • alandry1203
    Options
    you hit the nail on the head with this one! I was in the same boat. I pay much more attention now and i'm down 5 pounds and i don't feel like i'm trying...just trying to make wiser decisions! I LOVE THIS SITE!
  • nclrsmith
    Options
    Well, taking the steps to sign up here must mean you are at least thinking about being ready. All be it, losing weight is much easier if you are just simply fed up with being too heavy! But better to start now if your breaking point could be 10 lbs more. Keep up the good work and know that the more time you spend on anything, the better your results will be.
  • cartern1
    cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Logging everything was a real eye opener for me, I log EVERYTHING now. I was in my mates car the other day and ate 1 Wine Gum (Small Gummy candy for those in the US). I did it without even thinking then as I was chewing on it I had to reach for my phone and log it in my diary.

We all know how hard it is to start and I'm sure the guys (and gals) on this forum are here if you need some support but if you're not sure you're ready you only have to ask yourself, "do I want to lose weight?" if the answer is yes ... then you are ready.

One thing I always think to myself is, "do I want the heart attack now? or never?..... NEVER!"
  • Syftkog50
    Options
    WOW! I was so surprised to see how many replied in such a positive way to my post. I thought, if anyone replied at all, it would be something negative. Thank you all so much. You have no idea how much it meant to me.

More Craziness! I have this fantasy that the perfect diet would be it I was able to input all the foods I love and the computer could spit out a daily breakfast, lunch and dinner with the exact amount of calories to lose weight, I would follow it exactly and PROBLEM SOLVED!!!