Marinated Pork Tenderloin

Options
kammy92
kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
Ok guys, I just picked up one of these at Wegmans today on the way home, 1.5 pds and I have NO idea how to cook it!!!!! It looked soooo good I wanted to try it!!!!! Any suggestions PLEASE?????? Thanks in advance!!!:bigsmile:

Replies

• Silky815
    Silky815 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Is it fully cooled, or do you need to cook it totally. If it is cooked, put it in a shallow baking pan, in the oven, covered with foil. Cook for about 45 minutes or so on 350. Hope it turns out good for you. Sounds yummy.
  • dspearsb
    dspearsb Posts: 186
    Options
    I usually put it in the crockpot on low for 6-8 hrs. Then shred it and serve with rice. Sometimes make tacos out of the leftovers.
  • bbear
    bbear Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I make mine in the slow cooker (if you have one). Just put a little bit of water to cover the bottom of the pan and cook on low for a few hours. I use a meat thermometer to make sure it's done. Let it rest outside the pan for ~10 minutes before you slice it to let the juices redistribute. Good luck.
  • kammy92
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas!!!! I wish I had time to put it in the crockpot but I don't, I'll have to do the oven! I'll remember that for another time!!!! I don't eat alot of pork but my husband loves it, plus it looked so yummy and I haven't had it in awhile so I figured what the heck....dinner tonight!!!!:bigsmile:
  • Shaye85
    Shaye85 Posts: 107
    Options
    i put it in a deep bread pan, put in 1 inch of water on the bottom, cover with honey mustard( mine is 5 cal and low on sodium and sugar) i put fresh thyme and oregano chopped up on it with a salt substitute and pepper on top, brush everything in all on the roast, and in water, cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 min ( you only have to get it to 155 degrees and it would kill any food born bacteria(tricinosis) most common in pork). i made this a week ago and OMG its delicious, i had to give it away to my family because i wanted to eat it all!!! and it turns out so tender and juicy!
  • kammy92
    Options
    Is it fully cooled, or do you need to cook it totally. If it is cooked, put it in a shallow baking pan, in the oven, covered with foil. Cook for about 45 minutes or so on 350. Hope it turns out good for you. Sounds yummy.

No it's not
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Typically when cooking pork tenderloins....the rule of thumb is 20 minutes per pound at 350 degrees. Since every oven is different, I like to use a meat thermometer to make sure it is done. It usually turns out best for me if I put a 1.75-2.5 pounder in for about an hour.

Add in water (maybe a quarter of an inch) of water at the bottom, as to not try out the tenderloin. Chop up some veggies, add some pepper and paprika to the tenderloin for taste, and you have yourself a GREAT dinner.

I make these all the time and I love them.
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Typically when cooking pork tenderloins....the rule of thumb is 20 minutes per pound at 350 degrees. Since every oven is different, I like to use a meat thermometer to make sure it is done. It usually turns out best for me if I put a 1.75-2.5 pounder in for about an hour.

Add in water (maybe a quarter of an inch) of water at the bottom, as to not try out the tenderloin. Chop up some veggies, add some pepper and paprika to the tenderloin for taste, and you have yourself a GREAT dinner.

Try to avoid cutting down the center to check to see if it is done all the way if at all possible. If it is not done, the cut will cause the tenderloin to dry out.
  • kammy92
    Options

Ok, thank you! I'll keep the meat thermometer handy!!!
  • MOMvsFOOD
    MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    The skinny tenderloins that come premarinated you roast in less than an hour from raw temp. I just roast in a glass dish as is in the oven, package has the time/temp
  • MOMvsFOOD
    MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    The skinny tenderloins that come premarinated you roast in less than an hour from raw temp. I just roast in a glass dish as is in the oven, package has the time/temp
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Poke holes and insert some garlic all around. let it sit overnight. Season with a little salt and a lot of black pepper. I have a convection oven so it makes the outside crisp and the inside juicy. If you do not have a convection oven, then just bake. it is really good and really easy.
  • kbloodworth
    kbloodworth Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    There is a great recipe on page 29 of the Jan 2011 issue of Clean Eating Magazine. I don't think they would like me to re-publish, but maybe you can find on interrnet. It's called spiced pork tenderloin with pomegranate glaze by Kelsey Nixon.

I think the best way to make it is to cover it in spices, sear it, and then bake it. An easy glaze is ketchup and maple syrup, though not necessarily the healthiest.
  • zerafa
    zerafa Posts: 12
    Options
    Slit the loin lengthways and open up like a book but not cutting right through. Beat it with a steak mallet or rolling pin to flatten. Mix some stuffing and add things like nuts/dried apricots and roll up fixing with cocktail sticks if you have them. Roast at 190c for 1 hour.
    Any stuffing will do such as cooked mushrooms etc.
    I cooked one yesterday and today I had some cold with a salad.
    Enjoy.