Day One and Dying...

Options
2»

Replies

• szartman
    szartman Posts: 5
    Options
    I know how you feel. This is week 3 of watching what I eat. I am still finding myself hungry at times. Have a bag a fresh veggies on hand... carrot sticks, sliced peppers, cauliflower, etc. Snacking on those will help. I have also been trying to eat 300 calorie "meals" every 3 hours or so. Five of those a day and you have your 1500 calories(obviously adjust that to fit your plan). The meals aren't much, but enough to fill you up and keep you going til your next one!
  • duffymurphy
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    I am just starting too. The first few days are always a little tough. If you want more to eat... go for another quick walk and earn some additional calories. Or have some water with Crystal light ... it helps. hang in there... we will all get through this together.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    BELIEVE IT OR NOT
    Science says it takes 21 days to form a habit.
  • michelegbowman
    Options
    Michelle Noel? YOu have twins too? I have twin boys.
  • michelegbowman
    Options
    Ah thanks everyone for the support !

I feel much better now !

Day one - and not dying as bad as I used to be....Michele Bowman, mom of twin cowboys, will and drew
  • michelegbowman
    Options
    Good to know science. Thanks !
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I make sure to have protein in my lunch so I don't hit the 3pm wall.... and if I get hungry around 3 then I eat a fruit and it holds me until supper time. It takes time to get used to. they say that eating 5 small meals a day will keep this from happening... I am still figuring things out!! Good luck!
  • RachelJE
    RachelJE Posts: 172
    Options
    If you are that sick, sounds like you haven't eaten enough to get you through the day. As others suggested, eat small meals every 2 hours or so (a couple slices of lunch meat and some cheese, protein bar, cheese stick or a handful of nuts - think high protein). Also focus on water. Lots and lots of water.
  • LoserCruiser
    Options
    Doesn't matter how many days for me, I always feel like that, lol.
  • marji4x
    marji4x Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    It's true about eating healthier and eating more. I eat way more if I eat homecooked and can control portions than if I eat even healthy options at restaurants. It makes a HUGE difference. Be sure you're eating at a healthy amount according to your BMR. (there's a good calculator over here: http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/)

I started this new way of eating a couple weeks ago and I never feel hungry. Once in a while I feel cravings but that's different. If you're lightheaded or feel like you are starving it's possible you're not eating enough. Make sure you get enough calories and space your meals out a bit so you're eating more frequently. I usually cut my cereal in half and eat half when i get to work in the morning and the other half a couple hours later. Keeps the cravings at bay most times, too :)
  • ashima_amin
    Options
    Everyone is exactly right. Eat 6 small meals every 3 hours or so. And when you feel hungry between, drink a huge glass of water!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!