need help creating fitness plan

Options
hi! i'm a 5'3", 195 pound girl. i'm a smoker and i'm fully aware of how bad a habit it is. I have never been a serious exerciser and i have issues with anxiety, so i tend to try and keep myself in quiet environments. i don't own any exercise equipment, give a few small hand weights. i have no idea how to create an exercise plan for myself and i am in desperate need of some help! if someone could give me some tips on what i should start with/routines i could do, that would be amazing. thank you! - Sara

Replies

• Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    For success in the fat loss department its 80% diet and 20% exercise, if you really want to get into it then you are going to have to make the changes needed, mainly feeding the body right I posted some articles on my blog about super foods and the benefits of honey and cinammon. Feel free to read up on it. My diary is also public so feel free to look at it as a rough example of what I do to get the benefits I have gotten to date. Now with that said all you really need to get in shape is your own body and a few weights, kettlebell swings/dumbell thrusts, renegade rows, many of the metabolic resistance training exercises will net you the biggest results in the shortest time frame, they can be hard but it works.
  • amylanphierd
    amylanphierd Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Walking is a good place to start. It's free and you can do it just about anywhere.
  • mwl40
    mwl40 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Try this site: http://gainfitness.com/
  • joanipowell
    joanipowell Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I started by walking. Going for a good walk is good, it is still quiet. You may like that, if it is to cold to walk outside then find a treadmill. then once you are comfortable with walking add more things that interest you. (hint) Use the hand weights while walking.Good Luck!
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Walking is a great way to start. I did that for a while. Now I actually have that Leslie Sansone Walk at Home thing going. I have a few of those dvds. They don't take up a lot of time, they are fairly inexpensive and they usually come with the fitness band that she uses. I think the most I paid for one of the dvd's was $10. It's helpful if you are trying to walk but don't have time to go somewhere and do it or no place close to you to walk that's safe- or if you just don't want to be around people :). And if you have small kids it's also nice because they like to do it with you and it's easy for them too. My 2 year old loves to do the dvd with me. So it's healthy for both of us and fun too and you spend time with your kids.

I went on Sparkpeople.com and got an exercise program. They also have videos and such and demos for different exercises. I really like them for that part of it but I really like mfp for the people interraction. Sparkpeople didn't do much for me for the motivation.

Good luck!
  • urnewbuddee
    urnewbuddee Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    that website is amazing, thank you! and walking is also a great idea. thank you all for your help!
  • iamthepreston
    iamthepreston Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    that website is amazing, thank you! and walking is also a great idea. thank you all for your help!

Check you messages.
  • agirlfromtx
    Options
    :laugh: i need help on a fitness plan can anyone help me i have had 9 back surgery please help me
  • Bethannny
    Bethannny Posts: 66
    Options
    I have issues with anxiety too, especially in social environments. I actually went to the gym a few times, and it wasn't that bad. I just went with a friend and it was a small gym, so it wasn't packed. I also just stayed on the elliptical because it's less nerve wrecking than the possibility of someone watching you do strength training, and it burns A LOT of calories. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is once you get out there and work out in public, you will get used to it and it won't make you nervous anymore. I mostly work out at home though. I usually just dance or do some type of workout video.