MFP Runners Club-September 28

Good morning all! Seven miles for me today. Three weeks until the marathon, relay style :happy:

Replies

• 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,344 Member
    Good morning all! Seven miles for me today. Three weeks until the marathon, relay style :happy:
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Today I should be getting up and getting out there for aruond 4-5 miles. Taking it easy since I am just getting back and my schedule is soooo out of whack! Way to go 515!!
  • lisarae
    lisarae Posts: 113
    I'm excited to hear how everyone did on runs this weekend.
    I did 5 miles of running, 1 of walking. Felt really good. I'm posting a separate thread on what happened during my run today with some harassment. I will tell you, anger makes a good running partner!
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    5 miles today 30 for the week Hoping to run more miles next week. Will see with 3 kids it is so hard to find time to run more than 40 to 45 minutes. Good job all the runners out there..

Alisha
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Not sure if I'll get to run today. The new gym opens tomorrow and I'm excited about that. I'll post about it once I've been there.

What does everyone use to measure speed and distance?

Rae
  • 515TeachNRun
    Firegirl: I either run on the TM or use my iPod shoe deal. In fact, I used mine so much the battery in the sensor went. I need to replace it; I really miss it!!!

Lisa: Where are you in IA? I'm in IA too.
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Not sure if I'll get to run today. The new gym opens tomorrow and I'm excited about that. I'll post about it once I've been there.

Rae
    I use a Timex Ironman GPS/ watch/HRM unit. You can program it to do more functions than i will ever figure out. Several of my friends use similar units by Garmin. I also have the luxury of living close to a trail that has mileage markers every 1/2 mile, so it makes it easy. There are also websites (sorry, I can't give you a link) where you can bring up a map of your neighborhood, you trace out the route you are running, and it will calculate your mileage for you, so all you need is a watch (preferably with stop-watch functions) because you've already determined your mileage checkpoints
  • MrsDanceBartley
    MrsDanceBartley Posts: 78 Member
    I ma taking a rest day after my 5K yesterday.

:smile:
  • 515TeachNRun
    I don't know the rules about posting links, but I have use the website called mapmyrun.
  • jadaigle
    jadaigle Posts: 161 Member
    I was signed up for a triathlon today but the swim was cancelled so they substituted a mile and a half run. So I did 4.6 miles today, total.
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    5km run today in the rain. The air is heavy and humid, so the drizzle was welcome.

Carol
  • lisarae
    lisarae Posts: 113
    515TeachNRun: I'm in LeMars, Ia. Near Sioux City.
  • 515TeachNRun
    Lisa, I'm in Boone, near Ames
    Sorry to hear of the jerk you encountered while running today. So rude and unnecessary :mad:
  • I ran 5 miles this morning and did a one hour spin/circuit training class this afternoon.

Good work everybody!
    JD
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Great job everyone! It was my rest day, and I needed it! After my 7 miles of hills & sprints y'day and major clean up on property that we own (chopping down trees, picking up sticks, sawing logs, etc), I was wiped!!

Back home from my Inlaws and ready to crash in my own bed tonight!

Jess
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Today was my long run - 12 miles in downpouring rain. Usually I don't mind running in the rain, but this was a little much! :ohwell:

Good job this weekend, everyone!

Night!
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member

Rae

You can use mapmyrun.com for distance... then figure your time for that distance. Sometimes I will retrace my route in my car on my next outing... Not really scientific but it works!!

oh and wound up doing 3 miles today not the 4-5 -- wanted to come home and hang out with the baby.