Hello has anyone here ever tried HCG??

Hello crew :happy: .. My mother and I were talking the other day and she mentioned trying HCG(in liquid form) to help aid in my weight loss. I was just curious if anyone on here has used it and if they got any results?? :drinker:

Replies

• alingle77
    alingle77 Posts: 24
    What is HCG ?
  • KaleighL
    KaleighL Posts: 159
    Bad idea! HCG diet is unhealthy and you will gain all the weight back. Its a quick fix but not lasting
  • wkrp73
    wkrp73 Posts: 1
    I have and it works pretty good as long as you stick with it. I don't like some stuff on there so it was limited. Try the 21 day and see how it goes. I did it the first time for 42 days and lost about 10 pounds. My cousin did it and stuck with it and lost about 25-30 pounds in 42 days. It works, but the calorie intake is very low and some say very unhealthy. this works but is a little slower. I ordered online and it was about $60. You also get some Vitamin B drops. I can send the website if you like. There are so many different kinds.
  • ambivalence11
    ambivalence11 Posts: 93 Member
    It's a 500 cal a day diet that is unhealthy. The HCG drops or shot don't do anything, people lose weight because they are only eating 500 cals a day, well below the 1200 cal min. that most doctors recommend while dieting. People are always looking for a magic bullet. It's unheathy and everyone puts the weight back on because 500 cals a day is impossible to live on.
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Hello crew :happy: .. My mother and I were talking the other day and she mentioned trying HCG(in liquid form) to help aid in my weight loss. I was just curious if anyone on here has used it and if they got any results?? :drinker:

On the other HCG thread we learned that people on HCG do 500 cals a day dieting and it's quite controversial, plus Dr. Oz said that women have not had periods on it and many have their hair fall out.

What I CAN tell you is that I have friends here at MFP that have lost 35 lbs in one month - check out the success one, and I have a friend right now that is almost at 30 lbs of weight loss in ONE MONTH, more than a lot of the people on the HCG cheerleading threads.

So *MY ADVICE* is to just count your calories in a normal way, meal plan, exercise if you can and the weight will come off!

Look at my yellow ticker. I've been here since January 20th & I've lost 16 lbs the MFP cal counting way!!! Success can be yours too just eat right and in your cal amts! My food diary is OPEN, look at my daily cal counts. I usually stay between 1200 - 1400 a day, sometimes over that to 1500 or 1600...

GL!
  • lacharp
    lacharp Posts: 66
    Don't do it!! Studies showed that patients given a placebo injection of saltwater had the same effects as those who received the hcg shots... meaning the hcg shots don't do anything. And the shots contain way more hcg than any liquid drops available over the counter, so you really would just be wasting your money getting those.
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member

I haven't personally but know someone who has. Don't waste your money on a quick fix. Losing weight IMO should be a life stye change. 1200 cals and exercise has worked wonders for me. Ofcourse you will lose weight by eatting only 500 cals a day (btw, research those magical "drops" you'll be surprised) Hope you try to do the slow and steady healthy life changing way instead.
  • aprkurtz
    aprkurtz Posts: 1
    go to abc's world new now.com , the morning show they had talked about it this morning. It said that it can cause serious health problems, blood clots, stroke, etc. Not recommended by even Dr. Oz so if it's not recommended by him, I would stay away from it. I recommend you do a lot more research, the diet is only 500 calories a day and you can't exercise and do this for like 3 weeks. And if you don't do it like this, you'll likely gain all your weight back and more.
  • i did a 42 day protocol on injections. yes, it is a very restrictive protocol but i lost 37lbs in 42 days. the hcg insures that what you lose is body fat, not muscle mass. the weight fell off my belly and face. about 3wks in i was out in the yard and almost passed out. i was happy bout that. i knew what it was. been on hypertensive medication and when i checked my pressure it was 62/40. havnt taken any bp meds since. i did gain back 20lbs in about a yr and a half but that was because i didnt commit to a healthy lifestyle after the protocol was over. im sure i will do the sublingual soon. it uses vit b12 as the solute. ive researched all the good and bad, i'd still use it. dont workout heavy while on it, you dont have the strength. sorry but dr oz isnt the end all, be all of medicine. he sensationalizes everything!
  • grandmaJMB
    grandmaJMB Posts: 74 Member
    5 days ago......I have heard it's not healthy for you but either is being obese.
    I can tell you I am not hungry. I eat every 3 hours but I only have around 500 calories a day and I drink a lot of water.
    You have to be committed if you use this diet because you can gain weight if you do not follow the diet correctly.
    I am using the drops....they say there is no trace of the hcg in them.....(I don't know what the truth is)
    You weight yourself everyday and everyday I have lost weight so far.
    People talk about your body going into starvation mode....hcg is suppose to stop this from happening.
    People also say you will gain all your weight back.....Their are people on every diet that has reached their goal and then gained it all back.. I am 58 years old my starting weight 225 lbs. I know most of the weight is water this week. I know next week will be a better test of the hcg diet.

So the long and short of it is......read read read and come up with your own conclusion. I read articles, watched Dr Oz's segment listened to success stories and I chose to use it.
  • sorry, just a PS here. when you research, look at canadian, european and scandinavian trials. afterall, we are the country who has found no problem with the likes of vioxx and more than just a couple of other killer drugs that the europeans wouldnt allow to come to market there. money talks and there is huge money in pharmaceuticals. you ought to read the studies theyve done on statins! chris rock was right when he said they want you hooked on their drugs, not yours!
  • corpus_validum
    corpus_validum Posts: 292 Member
    There are a lot of better, healthier ways of trimming down.

Here's another article on HCG:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/hcg-diet-whats-the-truth.html:
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    I just love the testimonies from the HCG people saying they lost a whole 10 lbs in 42 days! ROFTLMAO!

Sweeties, I lost 15 lbs in a month on a 1400 calorie a day food intake that I am doing....and I didn't have to pay $60 for worthless drops! Worthless, since the blind studies had people doing salt water and some doing HCG and guess what darlings? On a 500 calorie a day diet you will lose weight...but it's not good for you!

Do what you want, but every study says it's bunko. Don't be taken in!