The 3 mini-goals LENT challenge: starting Wednesday 9th Marc

Options

Replies

• Dbow0207
    Dbow0207 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    WOW this sounds great. This is easy any way, every since I started my lifestyle change I have already been cutting back on those things already. So I will do my best to stick with your challange! I am also giving up Alcohol, Sex, Facebook, and excessive spending!!!! Let's get it! :glasses:
  • ayj73
    ayj73 Posts: 15
    Options
    OK, I am taking the Lent Challenge!
    These are my mini goals...
    1. Burn at least 5,000 calories a week.
    2. Drink 96oz of water a day.
    3. Consume no more than 8400 calories a week.
  • CarthagoDelendaEst
    Options
    Welcome Dbow0207 and ayj73!
  • humpalc
    humpalc Posts: 140
    Options
    Here we go :) Good start to lent - hit the treadmill this AM - spicy black bean burger (morningstar farms) for lunch, and fish (that my hubby caught) thawed out for supper - Hope you are all having a great Wednesday!
  • busygirl1
    busygirl1 Posts: 217
    Options
    oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!! I remembered to skip my lovely much needed morning coffee but when someone at work handed me a chocolate I totally forgot and just ate it :mad: I am was so annoyed at myself when I realised that I just thought 'sod it' and ate a load more :noway: However, the coffee is a real accomplishment for me so will focus on that as it is 1854hrs here and I am craving it real bad but haven't given in. Exercise on its way so will ditch the choc tomorrow and not stress about it x x
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I'm off to a great start, so that decides it for me....I'm in for 40 days of awesomeness!
    I'm certain I'll twek this list before the day is out...and as soon as I read everyone else's :laugh: I already copied the 10 real push-ups from someone who posted earlier :flowerforyou:

My 40-day 3 mini-goals:
    1. Cut sodium to 2400 mg daily…salt is my Achilles heal
    2. Healthy snacks…carrots, almonds, air popped popcorn.
    3. Burn minimum 3500 calories a week w/70 ounces water daily
    The results I would like to see include a drop in blood pressure and 10lb drop in weight.
    I would also like to be able to drop and do 10 real push-ups!

mj
  • CarthagoDelendaEst
    Options
    Busygirl1, I would have done the same thing with the chocolate! Don't worry, that is what this thread it all about, support and motivation. You have another 39 days! So don't worry and amazing job on the coffee!

Glad to hear your goals hooah_mj and glad you had a great start to Lent humpalc.

I have done well, found lots of great alternatives to wheat - had oatmeal made with water instead of my usual wheat based cereal and milk :-) Also found these amazing Nakd bars which are wheat and dairy free. a 30g bar is only about 98calories and they are packed with fruit and nuts and goodness. One of the flavours, apple pie tastes like apple pie, yummy!

I also went to Zumba today for the first time, it was amazing! Hoping to go at least twice a week! And I also completed the 30day shred today! Yay!

So a brilliant day for me :-)
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Ok got my water in (and lots of bathroom breaks), exercised for 1 hour and kept my sodium under 2300 mg. Yeah to day one.
  • ayj73
    Options
    1st day of LENT challenge! I met 2 out of 3 of my goals for today. I burned over 1,000 calories, drank plenty of water and just barely went over my daily caloric intake of 1,200. I am off to a good start.
  • hooah_mj
    Options
    CarthagoDelendaEst, thx for the kudos and I want you to know that you inspired me to forego regular milk, so I’m dedicated to stick to Organic Vanilla Soy. It’s so delicious, so kudos back to you for the inspiration! p.s. I love me some almonds :tongue:

So thrilled to see so many with aiming to cut that sodium! I’m not alone with this monster, thx all :happy:

mj
  • doriday
    doriday Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi.....I always seem to find a great challenge too late, but it is not midnight yet ......so I am going to quick sneak in on this one if you all don't mind:) My three mini goals for lent:
    1.Drink 8 glasses of water a day
    2. Cook at least one -two NEW low calorie and low sugar meals a week
    3. Get no less than 7 1/2 hours of sleep a night
    Looking forward to the support and accountability! :smile:
  • CarthagoDelendaEst
    Options
    Welcome doriday! You are more than welcome to join! Good luck with your goals!

And thanks hooah_mj!
  • hooah_mj
    Options
    I'm still good for my 3 mini-goals for Lent...
    Altho, I came within 300mg of my Sodium limit of 2400 a day...today, I cut that # in half!

I easily got my workout & water minimums in, but almost blew the healthy snacks goal with some "Seriously Sharp Cheddar" cheese! I love cheese :sad: ....so I had less than an ounce with some veggies. :tongue:

I'm thinking of consolidating some of my goals for something I can do daily...I'll post something 2mrw :happy:

Great challenge....hope everyone is creating a plan to help them succeed thru these 40 days....plan it, follow it, do it :wink:

mj
  • ayj73
    Options
    Day 2 and once again I was succesful with 2 of my 3 goals. I drank plenty of water and burned over 1,000 calories today, but again I am over my 1200 calories. I will keep trying my best to remain within 1,200 calories. It is a challenge, working out hard makes me hungry!
  • doriday
    Options
    Mini Goals for Lent:
    3/10/11

√ 1.Drink 8 glasses of water a day :drinker:

__2. Cook at least one -two NEW low calorie and low sugar meals a week

√ 3. Get no less than 7 1/2 hours of sleep a night :yawn:
  • sceck
    sceck Posts: 219
    Options
    Hope I can sneak in here; so, 38 days instead of 40.

Goals for me.

1. Eat Breakfast every day.
    2. Drink 8+ glasses of water every day.
    3. Weather permitting (and I think it should be), walk 2 miles 3 days a week.
  • CarthagoDelendaEst
    Options
    I've technically stuck to my goals, but I've found that I struggle with drinking enough. I only manage about 3 cups of water now! Eeek..need to drink more!

And welcome sceck!
  • doriday
    Options
    CarthagoDelendaEst do you have a large water bottle? I find if I know exactly how many cups is in my bottle (currently 3 1/2) I know I have to drink 2 water bottles a day plus one more cup. It just seems easier to keep track of instead of adding up all my cups. I am planning on getting 2 water bottles from Tupperware that are 32 oz each so then I know just 2 of those a day, and I am done. Also if you don't like water that much try flavored Stevia drops in your water to sweeten it with no sugar or calories. I use a grape flavor otherwise drinking water is a huge chore for me. Hope that helps :flowerforyou:
  • sceck
    sceck Posts: 219
    Options
    Off to a good start here.

Breakfast is becoming easier to accomplish on a regular basis. I make twice as much oatmeal, then it's ready for the next day. Add a little yogurt and a couple of berries. Actually starting to look forward to it.

Still down one glass of water, but I'll get that done by the end of the evening.

Working long hours the next couple of days, so my walking will have to wait till Monday, but I'll have time to catch up next week. And, it's daylight savings so I won't have to worry about it getting dark.

I think I can do this. It may not look like such a big challenge, but the above three are items I have never done consistently. I thhink consistent is the word. So, 37 more days may start a habit (a good one).
  • doriday
    Options
    Mini Goals for Lent:
    3/10/11, 3/11/11

√ 1.Drink 8 glasses of water a day :drinker: :drinker:

__2. Cook at least one -two NEW low calorie and low sugar meals a week

√ 3. Get no less than 7 1/2 hours of sleep a night :yawn: :yawn: