this is where i lose it...

Options
ok...so i am really good with tracking my cals during the day bc i am at work and in front of my computer alllll day...its when i get home that i tend NOT to track on MFP and rarely ever do i complete my diary.
any tips on how to get better at this!
thanks in advance!!

Replies

• Megthatgirl
    Megthatgirl Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Get the App on your phone!!!!!!!
  • mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Soon as you're done with dinner, pop on the computer, create a menu for the week for dinner, stick with it and put it into MFP for the week. Use the app if you have the smartphone for it.
  • cerysrhi
    cerysrhi Posts: 262
    Options
    forward plan so you know what you are having for tea and stick to it so you can complete it whilst at work or complete it the following morning
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Have you tried preplanning?
  • Tiggermummy
    Tiggermummy Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    if you don't have a phone that can run the app, try a small note book, right it all down whilst you are at home
    then add it via pc when you get to work the following day, I've done that sometimes when I have lost net access.
  • spacegirllost
    spacegirllost Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    another vote for preplanning. every weekend i plan out my main meals for the week. each morning i'll enter them into MFP and figure out what my snacks will be based on my morning workout and how many calories i end up having left. then i have the app on my phone so when i'm at work i can plug in that little clementine or the carrots and hummus. :)
  • appleshells
    appleshells Posts: 165
    Options
    If I can't get to the computer, or my husband can't we will log for each other.
  • time2runnn
    time2runnn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    If you don't have a smart phone then I'd try to preplan your dinner and log it in early if your days get busy. In the very least, if there's is a last minute change, you already know what calorie/nutrition range you had picked for that meal and can correct it in the morning on the computer.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    If you have an Android phone or an iPhone....use the app! It's free and you can even scan stuff!

or, put your dinner and evening snacks in while at work...then you already know what you're going to have and you can stick to it!
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    if you don't have a phone that can run the app, try a small note book, right it all down whilst you are at home
    then add it via pc when you get to work the following day, I've done that sometimes when I have lost net access.

This is a terrific idea!! I'm going to keep this in mind!
  • BrandNewMia
    BrandNewMia Posts: 461
    Options
    Another vote for pre-planning! I plan my menu one whole day in advance, I don't know how people do it if they DON'T plan ahead! Really, planning has made a HUGE difference for me. It takes time, but I am worth it :happy:
  • EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I second pre-planning...I ususally plan my meals for the day by lunch time...that way you know what you can have, cant have and if you are over or way to under!!! I have the app on my Android so it helps when Im adding snacks or something but, yeah preplanning is a conscious activity!!
  • whoisgoingtosaveher
    Options
    I have made myfitnesspal.com my start up page, so when I load up firefox instead of seeing the usual google homepage I see this instead which reminds me to fill todays diary in.
    Its hard at first but you get in a routine and you use th net everyday so if the homepage thing doesnt work for you bookmark this page in your tool bar and you'll see it when using the net and are more likely to use it!! :):flowerforyou: