Breakfast Options

Options
I need help with what to eat for Breakfast! Im not a huge morning eater, but I do need to eat... I usually do a muffin, because it's the right size of food I can handle in the morning, and its all carbs which fill me up.... Obviously not the healthiest choice... but I like how quick it is and easy. But the calories add up so fast in the day!! What does everyone else eat thats half *kitten* nutrional and lower in calories?? I need some options. Thanks!!!:drinker:

Replies

• AshleyS15
    AshleyS15 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I cut up fruit...apples(4 ounces small apple 50 claories, bananas (105 calories for 7-8 inch), strwaberries etc whatever you like and 2 slice whole wheat toast. it should be under 300 calories and keep you full.
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    maybe half an apple or some other fresh fruit that you like.
  • ReadyMom
    ReadyMom Posts: 59
    Options
    I usually have a Luna bar, nonfat latte, and a 32 oz cup of water. Holds me great till lunch! :)
  • Pookieboy
    Options
    I have a Greek yogourt with blueberries
  • jentaylor412
    Options
    some days i make a 3 egg white omelet with green pepper and onion and a little low fat cheese (salt and pepper) and a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese. It fills me up for the 3 hours til i have a snack. and its easy to make and clean up... i cut all my veggies up while im making dinner...
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I like Zone Dark Chocolate bars. They come in at around 200 calories, I get my chocolate fix first thing in the morning, and they're high-protein so they're very filling. Also, fortified with some essential nutrients.

Eggs are a good choice, too -- two eggs, prepared however you like, are about 150 calories, high protein and very nutritious. I don't do eggs for breakfast much because I don't like to start the day with a dirty kitchen.

Oatmeal is another good choice, very filling and low-calorie if you don't load it up with unhealthy stuff.
  • barberella
    barberella Posts: 199
    Options
    Protein shake with little sugar..fills me up til lunch.
  • deal4321
    deal4321 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Toasted wheat bread and Peanut butter
    Breakfast taquitos
    Southwest taquitos

I like to eat a small breakfast & lunch so I can have a bigger dinner. :-)
  • ultimategar
    ultimategar Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My usual healthy and filling breakfast is porridge (oats) or a fruit smoothie (fruit juice, banana, natural yogurt, random stuff thrown in the blender). Both take 3 mins to make.
  • plc765
    plc765 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Most mornings I have multi-grain cheerios with 1/2 banana in it and cocunut milk beverage with it. Some days I have two whole grain tortillas with egg whites and mango salsa. Both are so yummy and filling also.
  • marnijojo
    marnijojo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I have been eating so many boiled eggs I could barf! But they do keep me full since they are high in protein and they are quick - I boil enough for 2-3 days at a time.

I don't want to hijack your post, but I would also like some suggestions on breakfast ideas that are high protein and relatively quick to fix (don't ask for much do I?).
  • Kermit82
    Kermit82 Posts: 5
    Options
    I usually go to the gym in the mornings, so when I get home I try to have something that has a little protein. I have 2 pieces of toast
    with light peanut butter and a yogurt(I have the portioned containers). Then for my morning snack I have some fruit. A banana, an apple or whatever.
  • DEE4560
    DEE4560 Posts: 139
    Options
    I have the sugar free oatmeal at 100 calories and add I Tbsp of chopped walnuts. It's a great breakfast at 150 calories
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I eat 1/2 cup of the plain Quaker oatmeal (I don't buy the individual packets, but the container its a lot cheaper) and cook it with water in the micorwave. Then I add a packet of Splenda and 1 TBS of Peter Pan 1/3 less sugar Whipped peanut butter!

This definitely fills me up till lunch time! Some times I can't even eat all of it!
  • NHGirl23
    NHGirl23 Posts: 2,657 Member
    Options
    Zone perfect bars or GNC lean shakes ( l like 'em slushy and kind of frozen). The GNC shakes have waaay less sugar than that awful slim fast stuff!!
  • MNCPRGuy
    MNCPRGuy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Call me old, call me boring... heck, you can even call me fat! lol

1 cup of Grape-Nuts, 1 cup of Skim milk, and 1.5 tsp of sugar.

I don't know a lot of Grape Nut lovers, but it's by far the best breakfast for me. Healthy, filling, and for some reason, I never seem to tire of it. Follow up with my morning cup of Joe and a visit to MFP and I'm off to a great start!
  • dixedreg
    dixedreg Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    :smile:
    I have a Greek yogourt with blueberries

I had that exact thing today. Delicious and lots of protein.
  • snowsquall
    snowsquall Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    A whole wheat english muffin toasted with a fried egg will give u around 250 cals, and glass of OJ for another 120.
  • NYGoddess77
    NYGoddess77 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Protein shake with little sugar..fills me up til lunch.

I agree..get a good protein shake preferrably with as minimal carbs and sugar as possible and at least 28+ grams of protein per serving...mix in some mixed berries, ground flaxseeds, unsweetened almond or coconut milk and there u go.

I like warrior whey protein (i haven't purchased it yet) because it comes from grassfed cows and it's natural not synthetic crap...but...for now I take the synthetic crap lol...
    Optimum Nutritions Hydro Whey Velocity Vanilla (1scoop)
    140 cals
    2g of carbs
    0g of sugar
    30g of protein
  • luvmysoccerkids
    luvmysoccerkids Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have an Herbalife Formula 1 Meal Replacement shake every morning. If I don't have time to blend it, I just shake it in a shaker cup with 8 oz of nonfat milk. Quick, easy and so yummy! :love: