OxyElite Pro

Options
I've taken EVERY diet pill out there and realized most of them are scams-until I found OxyElite Pro. It suppresses my appetite, gives me energy, and makes me feel GREAT!! I only take 1 a day (thats all I seem to need-any more than that and I don't feel so hot). I did the suggested 8 weeks on and am on week "2" of my 4 weeks off. I feel awful. I don't have as much energy-I'm a lot more hungry, etc. I am just counting down the days til I can start again.
With that being said, would it be okay to start back up early?? Being that I took 1 a day, and not the suggested 3??
Any input would be helpful-thank you!!!

Replies

• scd78
    scd78 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bump
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything about that particular supplement, but I would be nervous to start it again if you feel that different about coming off of it. Just my gut opinion.
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, this is what happens when you're off diet pills/thermogenics...

Do you plan on taking these for the rest of your life??

I highly doubt it.

I would stop taking them so you don't feel like crap. You'll be happier you did.
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I would stay off of it like the product suggests, even tough you took less than the recommended amount it was still in your blood stream or 8 weeks. You could try 5-htp, that will help your appetite.
  • kevanos
    kevanos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    " It suppresses my appetite, gives me energy, and makes me feel GREAT!!"

you can get all that by eating healthy food, have multiple meals at regular intervals and exercising regularly. The best part is you will always feel great and have energy that way. And you get the personal pride of having worked for your goal instad of taking some drugs to do the work for you.

Sure it take time and effort, but the payout is way better than the shortcut.
  • jaysvw
    jaysvw Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Are you a professional bodybuilder? That's who that stuff was designed for. People who need to get "cut" before a competition. Not someone trying to lose weight the lazy way. I'm not trying to be mean, but you have no business taking that stuff.
  • ashlee2407
    ashlee2407 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    wooooow...first off, yes I eat healthy. and I am by NO MEANS lazy...a lot of people take supplements-oxyelite is a good one. I honestly wanted to know from people who have taken it (which I know a lot of ppl on this site do!!)

It doesn't help or motivate anyone when you assume I am taking this to take the easy way out-I eat right, bust my *kitten* exercising and just like someone who takes anything else (incl. caffeine) its a boost-which was cleared by my dr. btw.

If you dont know about something..dont post..:) We all should be supporting each other-not calling each other lazy
  • ashlee2407
    Options
    oh-and for the people giving good advice that actually helps- thanks :)
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Oh it totally is a highly reviewed product out there....

I would just HATE to see you or anyone for that matter lose weight by using it and then going off of it and gaining it all back PLUS more.

That's all I'm saying....
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    OEP is an awesome product!

I don't get bad side effects from it though

Did my first cycle last fall and didn't start another until recently and during that time did not gain the weight back and it was the holiday! When I wasn't on it I didn't feel sluggish or crappy...when I did it was cause my TOM is due. Maybe check your hormones out which is something I plan on doing myself. I'm sure as we lose our hormone changes and our bodies are trying to adjust.

For me I see it more as a fat burner and helping to break up the stubborn fat. It doesn't suppress my appetite,I still eat when I need too

I only take 2 pills a day - when I did take 3 I did feel queasy so I knew it 3 was too much. The bottle says take 1 - 3 pills daily.

Please don't let anyone tell you are doing it the lazy way. I don't take OEP when doing low Impact workouts. I used it for most of my second round of Insanity (first round lost 15lbs did month 1w/ recovery week and lost 13lbs) using it now with TurboFire.

I say just wait it out and if you need a pick me up try a pre trainer workout drink. NO Xlpode taste good and doesn't make me feel queasy like Xpand. My husband drinks the xpand and I had ran out of N.O. We are also up in GNC asking questions and comparing products. LOL
  • kevanos
    kevanos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    you said yourrself you have taken every pill out there.

Why the need?
  • LeAnn_Mae
    LeAnn_Mae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you posted this, my husband got a sample of it at GNC the other day and I was wondering if it was something I might want to try too. Sounds like you had good results (except for your 'off' time) so I think I might give it a go!
  • ashlee2407
    Options
    you said yourrself you have taken every pill out there.

Why the need?
    because who hasn't tried different products? lol..it doesnt mean that I dont work out as hard as I can and eat right.
    some supplements DO help...it doesnt-by any means- mean a person is lazy
  • FullOfSpice
    FullOfSpice Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    People are curious creatures, and the purpose of marketing is to get people to try new products. So its not about being lazy, its about hopefully finding solutions or fixes to our problems. Unfortunately, good things in life like losing weight come with hard work and sweat.

I've tried it and I was hoping for an easy way out, but the MOST effective way is to eat healthy and exercise. I learned this the hard way and wasting money on products that promise nothing. I don't think any of these diet pills do anything for you, maybe in the short term you may lose a few pounds of water weight, but eventually it catches up to you.

If you need extra energy - try matcha or regular green tea. It boosts your metabolism and doesn't have any harmful chemicals.

If you want to supress your appettite- you are just doing more damage to your body, because you aren't fueling it. Think about a sports car. It takes high quality fuel without any of those extra addititives because it clogs the engine. Your body is the same way. You need to fuel it to keep it running at its best. If you try putting low grade fuel and junk in the engine, your going to break down eventually.

In another post, I had posted this:

The problem with diet pills is if you supress your appetite, you're slowing down your metabolism. Also, when your glucose levels are low, you become hungry. One way to increase the glucose levels is to eat food. Diet pills increases your glucose levels artificially by stimulating the production of epinephrine (adrenaline) in your which then mobilizes your stored glucose. In the short term, you lose weight. Nevertheless, you have just artificially increased your glucose levels, so your body only thinks it is full. Overtime a couple of things begin to happen.
    1) Your cells adapt to the effects of the stimulate, hence, your body does not mobilize as much glucose.
    2) Also, your body begins to depend on the diet pills to keep the glucose levels stable. In other words, overtime when you take diet pills, your glucose levels are now what was normal a while back when you first start. Additionally, your glucose levels drop below normal when you are not taking the diet pills. Therefore, unless you continue to increase the does (which at a point becomes dangerous), you actually begin to become hungrier when it wears off then you were before you started.

So I used to take these pills out of curiousity and hoping to shed some weight. I wouldn't eat all day, so you'd think I'd lose weight. In the end I became more tired and gained so much weight after coming off it because I would get extremely hungry when I wasn't on the pills. They artifically turn off hunger, but really, your body needs food and nutrients to keep working. Eat small 100 calories snacks in between your meals. Trust me...stay aways from these and use that money towards helathy food/exercise dvds/etc. Anything that is a chemical is making your body work harder to get rid of it too, and taking away efforts from weight loss. The best way to keep the weight off is to work hard and exercise and eat right!
  • ashlee2407
    Options
    Also, I shouldnt have said I feel "awful"...I do feel a difference though.

Anyway, I'll just take the posts from people who know what they are talking about along with my doctor's advice:)
    Thanks guys!!
  • LeAnn_Mae
    LeAnn_Mae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I think OxyElite is on a different level than other 'diet pills' like Dexatrim, Metabolife, etc. OxyElite is just an aid for those who already have the right mindset of eating right and exercising and just want a little boost. I don't see any harm in it.
  • FullOfSpice
    FullOfSpice Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Also, not to be critical, but you should also try to figure out why you want to supress your appetite. You need to eat food, otherwise you will not function. Food nourishes your body and keeps your body running.

If you are looking ways to turn off that hunger, think about if you are actually really hungry, or are you bored. I am an emotional eater, and I've learned that when I used to snack on high caloric foods, I wasn't really hungry. I was feeding my body with carbs to increase the serotonin to shut off the emotions. Sometimes, we are also thirsty which has the same mechanism as hunger.

Its hard work, but in all honesty, we have to learn what real hunger actually is, or if we are trying to feed our emotions. One trick I learned a long time ago, was to ask yourself, am I really hungry? Would I eat an apple right now, or am I just craving something to get that food high?

Just a thought :O)
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm taking it! I'm on my 2nd cycle and yes u must take the break and yes you feel like POO!!!! I had the worst migraines (its from caffeine withdrawels) I find that it wasnt as bad when i would drink coffee! good luck! I LOVE OEP!!!!!!!!!
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    Heck even BEACHBODY sells weight loss supplement pills (seem to be just like OEP)

It tough to find bad reviews on OEP and with the bad reviews the person didn't do the complete 8 weeks! (it's been a few months since i read reviews but I think I will do that later today and see if I can find a negative review from a person that did the full 8 weeks).

The guy at GNC even told me which pills to stay away from and which ones don't really work. I know he wasn't trying to upsell me because GNC on military posts are cheaper.
  • 33KIKI
    33KIKI Posts: 304
    Options
    My hubbie and i were both on it and had great results me more so but because I continually worked out and stuff. We will be starting our 2nd cycle soon and i will admit I was low after I stopped taking it but it helped us. And I was still better than from when before i started taking it.

Good luck with it and btw don't let people get you upset on here...they aren't worth your good energy :)