Harassment while sweating.... Dear jerk,

Options
2»

Replies

• MissTamora
    Options
    Ugh. This is why I'm afraid to run. Not to mention for some reason my lungs don't respons well to running, even though I can do other kinds of exercise just fine... I'd hate having to run round my area. I just want a treadmill, or my own private forest!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Just a note my fellow runners. Safety is always number one. runners and walkers should ALWAYS move in the opposite direction of traffic, so you can see the car head on. The reason is it gives you the advantage to move out of the way of a potential accident. Moving against the flow of traffic allows you to see the cars as they approach you, not the other way around.

Running in the same direction of traffic leaves you more vulnerable to accidents, jerks and worse, abduction or assault. Also, if you wear headphones you should leave one ear open or turn your volume down so you can hear your surroundings as well (even the jerks, but at least you will hear them and can make adjustments accordingly before they are close enough to hurt you).

Bicycles are the only mode of singular transportion for fitness that should move with the flow of traffic, mainly because most laws insist, but you are also moving at a greater rate of speed. For example, I live in AZ and there are cities here that prohibit cycling in the opposite direction of traffic or riding on the sidewalks because you endanger pedestrians.

Now get out there and be smart and safe! :wink:
  • andtckrtoo
    andtckrtoo Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with always being aware of your surroundings. That you were totally unaware how long the jerk was following you scares me. I love music when I run, but I keep the music lower and I am always aware of what is going on around me. I'm 5'10 and a "big" girl (man i HATE that phrase, but it's true :ohwell:) so I'm less likely to be a victim than someone smaller, but I'm still aware. It only takes a moment of not paying attention for the unspeakable to happen.