Breakfast Options

Options
2»

Replies

• Hollycole
    Hollycole Posts: 13
    Options
    hhmm, i forgot about good ole grapenuts! I'll have to try that!
  • bevpulse
    bevpulse Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I suggest making a batch of whole grain muffins from scratch and freezing them. There are lots of good recipes that are packed with nutrition made from oats, whole wheat, diced fruits, applesauce, yogurt, wheat germ, nuts, etc.
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    My breakfast vary and sometimes I sleep right through breakfast but I have found that eating a high protein breakfast works well for me beacuse it keeps me satisfied longer throughout the day. I will have 2 scrambled eggs with diced ham and 1/2 tsp of real butter to cook it in or I will have a yogurt and 2 slices of ww toast w/spray butter or multigrain cherrios with almond milk. Sometimes I even have a bigger meal if I am really hungry like a lunch item such as a turkey w/bacon club, only 2 slices of bread though. I try and mix it up best I can. Definately gotta have my vanilla chai spiced tea too with SF Hazelnut coffee creamer and splenda. I bought those lowfat boxes of muffin mix but have yet to make them, maybe I will this weekend and freeze them for an easy breakfast!
  • kajunchik86
    Options
    I am the same way! I love easy! Whenever I have time I make a bunch of mini egg muffins and throw then in the freezer. I usually just use a whole dozen eggs and add a cup of flour and then add whatever else I want. We've experimented a bunch and have come up with some really godd ones. Like Italian, Mexican, ham, mushroom and cheese. Just add whatever you like....
    They heat up in the microwave really easy and you can throw it on a tortilla with some salsa and go! or eat them like a muffin! Love them!!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I eat an egg, egg white scrambled with a piece of whole wheat toast. I need the protein in the morning to keep me full.
  • Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    How about some fresh fruit cut up and mixed with a container of non fat plain greek yogurt and Bare Naked Fit Vanilla Almond granola (which only has 4 grams sugar, 2.5 grams fat) ?

I have that some mornings and enjoy it :happy:
  • LCantrell
    LCantrell Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have a packet of instant low-sugar oatmeal and I put in a little splenda and a tablespoon or so of sugar free French Vanilla coffee creamer.

Also sometimes have a cereal which is about 110 calories a cup with unsweetened vanilla almond milk which is 40 calories a cup.
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    2 weetabix with semi skimmed milk
  • rebeccaS85
    rebeccaS85 Posts: 141
    Options
    I usually have a piece of whole wheat toast with peanut butter and an apple or yogurt with a little granola, lots of cinnamon and some frozen fruit (which i take out of the freezer the night before so it can thaw in the fridge). It's quick and easy!
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    A piece of whole grain toast and glass of tomato or V8 juice on days that I don't work out,
    Oatmeal with peanut butter mixed in on days I run.
  • julied504
    Options
    i have a rice cake with a little applebutter and some fruit.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    A few things I have tried:
    ~ Toasted Bagel Thin, 1tbsp lo fat PB and 1/2 banana
    ~ High Fiber Cereal (Barbara's Puffins or Kashi are good)
    ~ Egg Beater Egg White omelet (better than I thought it would be)
  • jshopkins
    Options
    I am the same way and have so little time in the morning to prepare breakfast, I typically just grab a mini whole wheat bagel with a tbsp. of cream cheese (150 calories total), an apple and a cup of coffee. Keeps me full until lunch and only puts a small dent in my daily calorie count.
  • KiKs18
    KiKs18 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big breakfast eater either- but i have been eating half a cup of fresh fruit (usually strawberries or grapes) and a Bagel Thin with a tablespoon of Neufchatel Cheese (healthier than cream cheese and just as D-Lish) ... total calories around 245 :)
  • emilyrosedye
    Options
    I usually have half a toasted bagle with Lurpac Light . Not the healthiest option I know but its quick and certainly an improvment from when I would have a whole bagel with butter and cream cheese!
  • Deb2chef
    Deb2chef Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have two weetabix with skimmed milk its less than 200 cal I like it hot. If I am at work during breakfast (am a chef) I grap a slim fast rather than missing meal
  • kimd1974
    kimd1974 Posts: 113
    Options
    M-F I have 1 piece of aunt milles light bread with 1 egg and 1 slice of reduced fat provalone. On the weekend I have Quaker oats with brown suger splenda and reduced fat crunchy p butter.
  • veggiemuncher12
    veggiemuncher12 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Smart Ones breakfast (french toast/turkey sausage, egg wraps), egg scramble (cut up veggies once a week so their ready to go), smoothies (prepackaged-just add milk).
  • FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Multigrain eggo waffles with a tablespoon of peanut butter on each. It's a little higher in calories (because of the peanut butter) but it keeps me pretty satisfied for the morning.