food and drugs

Options
so i usally use a little herbal meds to help me sleep. i often find myself waking up in the middle of the night to eat something chocolate and chug a bunch of milk.
p.s. by herbla meds i mean weed. haha
anyone else wake up in the middle of the night to binge out of sweets and milk?

Replies

• Shellz206
    Shellz206 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    im pretty sure thats called the munchies... ;)
  • deannarey13
    deannarey13 Posts: 452
    Options
    If you cut out your herbal usage you wouldn't have that problem.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    "Weed ain't a drug. It's a plant. It just grows there. If you should so happen to set it on fire...there are some effects." - Katt Williams :laugh:
  • starboardzor
    Options
    Nope, don't have that problem. I work 50 hours a week, go to school part time, and work out constantly. I definitely don't need weed to put me to sleep. My life does that for me.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    My husband has some blood sugar issues so he often eats a spoonful of natural peanut butter and a chug of milk in the middle of the night just to sustain him until breakfast.
    I used to use the same "meds" and it actually has the reverse effect, that is likely why you wake up in the middle of the night as this does not "help" you sleep typically at all.
  • Kelsey214
    Kelsey214 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the munchies to me, can you sleep without it?
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Odd. You aren't taking anything else with it? Do you have a history of sleep walking (even without the weed?) I've never heard of it making someone eat in their sleep before. I have heard it about sleeping medication like ambien though.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    I would find a better "med" to help you sleep...unfortunately weed tends to have the reverse effect. It may put you out, but the other side effects will wake you up.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I take melatonin to help me sleep-I sleep through the night and don't wake up with the munchies.
  • inkedshears
    inkedshears Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    ive never slept through an entire night a day in my life.
    and weed has different effects for different people. it actually does help me go to sleep.
    ide rather smoke a bowl then down a pill made in a lab.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    ive never slept through an entire night a day in my life.
    and weed has different effects for different people. it actually does help me go to sleep.
    ide rather smoke a bowl then down a pill made in a lab.

Instead of a lab, how about a clandestine operation in the back of a Chevy Nova? :tongue:
  • brentrhodes
    brentrhodes Posts: 139
    Options
    The only thing that's ever seemed to be consistent in helping me sleep is working out. If I'm working out everyday and expending that energy, I'll sleep really well. Otherwise, I'm like you, I don't sleep well.

The weed may not have anything in the world to do with you waking up wanting something to eat. You may just have fallen into a routine. Could be as simple as that. Try to break the routine for a week or so.
  • inkedshears
    Options
    i really dont think it has anything to do with smoking weed. the post was more of a joke on munchies and losing weight...
    i just like chocolate and milk....
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    i've never been a waker in the middle of the night to eat, but my husband used to wake up and make himself a bagel with cream cheese and not remember :laugh: .. i think my son is taking after him (he's 2.5) because lately he's been getting up at 4 in the morning and grabbing packs of fruit snacks that he brings back to bed with him! lol
  • DeeDeeMarie
    Options
    i freakin love you!!!! keep smokin and eating your chocolate and milk....at least there are no calories in your weed
  • inkedshears
    Options
    hahahahah
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    Has it altered your weight loss any? If it hasn't then why stop it? I don't use herbal love but I do get up snack on something wether is be a scoop of pb, a few bites of cereal, a spoonful of cottage cheese, or a glass of juice and never hurt me one bit!