1st real workout

Options
Hey all!!!!

Just did my first real workout, and BOY DID I SWEAT! It was crazy! Somehow i have to find the motivation to do that 6 days a week...

Replies

• Salamanda25
    Salamanda25 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Good Job!! I finished my second yesterday! Hoping it becomes a habit!
  • Pandagail32
    Options
    excellent!
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    in front of a mirror nude works for me. LOL
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    it will get easier everyday, making it habit is hard, but once it's a habit you will crave it
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hey all!!!!

Just did my first real workout, and BOY DID I SWEAT! It was crazy! Somehow i have to find the motivation to do that 6 days a week...

Great job!! Don't think you have to go from nothing to six days a week right away. Start with baby steps. Do 3-4 days a week for 2-3 weeks. Then, add a 5th day for 2-3 weeks. Then, add number 6. A lot of people get discouraged because they miss one day, get down on themselves and wind up backsliding. Set yourself up for success!!

Of course, if you are one of those super-motivated people that doesn't have a problem with this, ignore everything I said. :bigsmile:
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    Hey all!!!!

Great job!! Don't think you have to go from nothing to six days a week right away. Start with baby steps. Do 3-4 days a week for 2-3 weeks. Then, add a 5th day for 2-3 weeks. Then, add number 6. A lot of people get discouraged because they miss one day, get down on themselves and wind up backsliding. Set yourself up for success!!

Of course, if you are one of those super-motivated people that doesn't have a problem with this, ignore everything I said. :bigsmile:

This ^^^. Don't kill yourself setting unrealistic goals. I know it's part of why I failed in the past. I tried to do too much at once. Set a goal of maybe 3 times a week. You have to see how it fits into your normal schedule. Once you do that, try upping that to 4 or 5 and keep going.
  • dababers
    dababers Posts: 135
    Options
    I've been working out for about three years. Sometimes I would do so regularly, other times trail off and skip a couple of weeks. Before I began, I topped out at 232 pounds. Managed to get myself down to a range between 192-199..got comfortable and stayed that way. Joined a week ago and already see progress. I went all in...I go six days a week (third week at this dedication level), and now I find I feel guilty if I don't get in my six days. It drives me batty. Just saying. Four pounds in the first week on MFP. Not bad.
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Great job!! It gets easier as you go along, but take it easy and not get burned out and you will enjoy it more :-)
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work! My encouragement is my husband complimenting me on my thigh muscles again!!