100+ to lose and new here

2»

Replies

• :smile: I knew this time would be different. I checked in on the doctors scale this a.m. Down 15 lbs! I'm looking forward to the support that seems so plentiful here to keep it going. Together- we can get it done! How's is going so far?
  • NurseBarb
    NurseBarb Posts: 183 Member
    Wow, YAY for you! What an incredible accomplishment!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Welcome, I started with 107 lbs to loose and it wasn't easy, it took me almost a year to loose the first 31 lbs because I kept getting to points where I figured I was "cured" and could just exercise and all would be good, but then I put 15 of the 31 back on and with hard work and no more excuses I have lost the 15 again and working on breaking the 220's this week.

You can do this, you may have your ups and downs, but if we don't fall we never learn how to get back up! Good luck to you!

:flowerforyou:
  • NurseBarb
    NurseBarb Posts: 183 Member
    Thanks so much. It really does seem daunting right now. I'll have to break it up into mini goals if I'm ever going to feel good about myself. 10 pounds here and twenty pounds there. As much I would love to see it come off fast I don't want saggy skin and I don't want to feel deprived all the time so I sat down last night and seriously thought about it. I think about two years is what it will take. However, I'm a 37 year old college freshman looking at 8 years of school to be a dentist.... So I got started late in life. What can I say :ohwell: