Who else chews gum/drink coffee so they don't eat?

Options
I do both, I have been over weight my whole life (31yrs old) ok so I started to gain weight at age 8 my body grew around instead of up. I have lost 105lbs already and wanted to know some people tricks on staying out of the kitchen or keeping their minds off of food. I chew gum and drink coffee, I also do get my water in for the day. What do you do.

Replies

• mrsbritton84
    Options
    I love green tea, so i make a glass and sip on that. It also makes me feel like its helping me loose weight because green tea is known to aide in weightloss!
  • lareyna124
    Options
    ME!!! lol and i drink lots of green tea and WATER. It really does help.
  • WillWorkout4Food
    WillWorkout4Food Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee and I add a tea bag to my water instead of Crystal Light.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Oh heck no. I eat all day and I'm losing. I eat breakfast, lunch and dinner and snacks. It's what I eat. I upped my calories to Maintenance and am continuing to lose weight.

I do enjoy my coffee though.
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    I grab the gum - only 5 calories - well worth it - plus I grab the water too - tend to chug it when the urge hits...
  • jasonwhitham
    Options
    I just drink Coffee all day....! Im sure it cannot be good for me, but it does stop me from feeling hungry.
  • NikkiJ17
    NikkiJ17 Posts: 295
    Options
    COFFEE ~ COFFEE ~ COFFEE!!!!!
  • krwtvl02
    krwtvl02 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I chew the dessert gums (trident, extra). Thats what help me from eating in between meals. I love sweets so I just pop a stick in my mouth and its like I'm having a dessert.
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I chew sugar free gum all the time. I chew it when I am preparing a meal so I am less tempted to "taste test" what I am cooking. I chew gum after I finish eating so I am less tempted to go back and eat more once I have eaten my portioned out meal. I chew gum between meals when I get the munchies. I keep a ziplock baggie stocked with all my favorite flavors: green apple, watermelon, berry, peach, strawberry, passion fruit.....I love all the fruity flavors as you can see. Here is an interesting website I found about chewing gum and weight loss:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/281484-chewing-gum-and-losing-weight/
  • slbrown5
    slbrown5 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I chew gum constantly... I do it not only to keep myself from eating, but also to stay awake. I drive over an hour each way to work and the gum helps! I have found that Ice Breakers is the best for me because it is not only sugar free, but 0 calories!!
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I've basically lost 40 lbs this way years ago but now that i'm on the last 10-15 lbs it's not helping the same way.

but back when i was heavy, it was pretty quick weight loss!
  • dalscruf
    dalscruf Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I chew gum and drink lots of water throughout the day!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    sf gum, water and hot tea!!