Help! I'm a snacker! Any good snacks?

Options
2»

Replies

• jessica6335
    Options
    I used to have a huge sweet tooth but it's slowly gone away one I took a lot of sugar out of my diet and switched to splenda! My new favorite snack is sweet snap peas. I'm not a pea fan at all but these taste awesome and any fresh veggie is going to be good for ya! And, for me, it's got just enough sweetness to get me past any cravings. I've also been looking in the snack aisle for sugar free cookies and candies.
  • nisharae
    nisharae Posts: 204
    Options
    Right now Im eating green beans dipped in a laughing cow cheese wedge (works with carrots or snap peas too)
    Ummm

pudding cups?
    pop chips are the bomb (especially if you can find the single serving bags ;) )
    babybell cheese
    cracker barrel sharp cheese single serving wrapped
    wasa crisp and light 7 grain cracker bread - 20 cals for a slice the size of graham cracker with laughing cow cheese...
    banana and peanut butter
    apple microwaved with cinnamin
    90 cal fiber one bars/ luna bars
    target has like fruit leather @ 90 cals a roll/slice

uhhhh... yeah i get bored with stuff easy.... ;)
  • mcphtm
    mcphtm Posts: 26
    Options
    Quaker True Delights Mutigrain Fiber Crisps.... they have many different flavors and are delicious!!!!!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I try and stay away from fiber one bars and special K bars. They have way too much sugar in the. I like the protein bars. Pure Protein has a chocolate peanut butter one that is amazing. It's 200 calories which makes a great snack. 6g fat (3g sat fat), trans fat. 16g carbs, 20g protein, 2g of added sugar. and chock full of nutrients.

And if you are looking for a small fix and not too worried about sugar try a peppermint patty: 2.5g of fat in a regular size one. You can have 2 minis for 100 calories (but 18g of sugar). And they have so much flavor with the mint.

I look more at nutrients and sugar and fats as opposed to calories. Calories are our friends (they are our body's energy source). It's all the crap that comes with the calories that's bad for us.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Kashi bars are good and Special K bars..

Special K bars- 90 calories
    Kashi 7g of protein, 140 calories. :happy:
  • Blr31977
    Blr31977 Posts: 49
    Options
    Fiber One Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars... 90 calories.. I love them!
  • csouder2011
    Options
    vitalicious.com check it out ton of good treats and they are filling and healthy!
  • CrazyC8
    CrazyC8 Posts: 16
    Options
    Tuna fish (prepared how you like) with triscuits.
    Part skim ricotta cheese with strawberries and sliced almonds.
    Chocolate chip scones (homemade of course...you can find a bunch of healthy recipes online...and they are easier to make than you think)
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Even though you are tired of the yogurt, have you tried mixing in fat free, sugar free insant pudding mix? I use 2 tsp per 6 oz of greek yogurt. It gives you a variey of flavors and you make different snacks and treats out of it. I have been hooked on cheesecake. I use the cheesecake pudding mix with the yogurt and then spread it on one sheet of a honeymaid graham cracker. It tastes just like a piece of cheesecake for only 180 calories. The vanilla is really good for banana smoothies. 1 frozen banana, 1/2 to 3/4 cup milk, 4 oz yogurt and 1-2 tsp vanilla pudding mix. I had one of those last night, very yummy and lower calories for your small frequent meals.
  • serenityfound
    Options
    I was just going to suggest sugar snap peas! They are a little bit sweet, but still let you get in your veggies rather than just more sugar/empty carbs. I like them best really cold from the fridge and/or with hummus. Costco sells them in 2lb bags for way cheaper than regular grocers - I just bought one on Sunday and am almost through it already!
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I snack ALLL day long. Check out my diary. I really like reduced fat cheese sticks, pretzels, and pickles.

I am trying to stay away from a lot of sugar these days but I am obsessed with fresh strawberries with some truvia and low calorie reddi whip.

There is also an awesome post about frozen peanut butter cups...made with free cool whip. I made them, DELISH!!! And yesterday I ordered a product called PB2. It has aweseom reviews. It is peanut butter (dry, you add water to it) that is 45 cals and 1.5g of fat for 2 tablespoons!! I can't wait to try it with these frozen peanut butter cups.
  • T_William
    T_William Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    alpen choc and fudge 90cals
  • peteyTwang
    peteyTwang Posts: 250
    Options
    sure those Fibre1 are good if you're really stuck/lazy .
    ..but a nice piece of fresh fruit and a few nuts tastes so much better! ..ditto for the veggies people suggested

i'm thinking less in terms of _snacks_ these days and more in the way of small and frequent meals.
    i just break up my food diary into 4 hour segments from 8 a.m. to midnite and try to keep my metabolism up with plenty of exercise and small and frequent servings that include proteins
  • prettyinpink117
    prettyinpink117 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Popcorn Indiana Kettle Corn is sooo yummy!! 2 cups of it is 140 calories!! They make a bunch of different flavors but I've only tried the kettle corn so far!