Just Dance 2 Wii Game Burning Calolries?!

Options
"To break that down, that is roughly:
6 calories a minute
96 calories in 15 minutes
190 calories in 30 minutes
380 calories in 1 hour
570 calories in 1½ hours
760 calories in 2 hours

If you are heavier than 130 lbs and/or male, your caloric burn while playing Just Dance will be even higher.
http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/article-detail/How-Many-Calories-does-the-Wii-Just-Dance-Game-Burn/4h/"

I found this off of a website and I'm wondering if this is accurate?
Add me if you love just dance as a work out routine!

Replies

• MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    "To break that down, that is roughly:
    6 calories a minute
    96 calories in 15 minutes
    190 calories in 30 minutes
    380 calories in 1 hour
    570 calories in 1½ hours
    760 calories in 2 hours

If you are heavier than 130 lbs and/or male, your caloric burn while playing Just Dance will be even higher.
    http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/article-detail/How-Many-Calories-does-the-Wii-Just-Dance-Game-Burn/4h/"

I found this off of a website and I'm wondering if this is accurate?
    Add me if you love just dance as a work out routine!

Well, I suppose I could throw a HRM on when doing it. my numbers are going to be way different though due to being male and MUCH heavier. It's still fun though, I challenge my son sometimes, he is the master in this house - hehe
  • SpencerR
    SpencerR Posts: 37
    Options
    Best way to tell is to buy a heart rate moniter. The key to burning calories is an elevated heart rate
  • jess1304
    jess1304 Posts: 47
    Options
    It sounds accurate. I've played that at a relatives house before and I want one sooo BAD! It is such a fun way to burn calories. I just wish the wii's weren't so expensive :(
  • twinkier
    twinkier Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love playing It with my hubby and kids. It rocks. I need to buy a HRM so that I will be able to add that to my calorie burn here.
  • Nmama
    Nmama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    It sounds accurate. I've played that at a relatives house before and I want one sooo BAD! It is such a fun way to burn calories. I just wish the wii's weren't so expensive :(
    Find out If any of the stores near you have layaway. We were so broke at christmas this year but we used layaway at sears and were able to get a wii for the kids.