Day 3 of 50% raw food

Options
i started a few days ago with a simple goal: Make 50% of my food (not 50% of my calories) come from raw foods, mostly vegetables and fruits.

Already feeling cleaner, healthier, and having no problem staying near my daily calorie goal.

Anyone want to do the same :)?

Replies

• TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    i started a few days ago with a simple goal: Make 50% of my food (not 50% of my calories) come from raw foods, mostly vegetables and fruits.

Already feeling cleaner, healthier, and having no problem staying near my daily calorie goal.

Anyone want to do the same :)?
  • suzitto
    Options
    I was just telling a coworker this morning that I wanted to eat half raw food!

Did you see this article?

http://news.aol.com/health/article/woman-loses-more-than-half-of-herself/193547?icid=100214839x1210210926x1200599377
  • suzitto
    Options
    What are you eating? Will you give me an example of your typical day? Are you eating dairy?
  • TheGoblinRoad
    Options
    I saw that! :) actually thats what triggered it. Then I went to her web site, downloaded her free 28-page report and it was full of good info.

I've been experimenting with ideas.

Like I made lettuce wraps by taking 1/2 avocado and mashing it first, then mix in corn, salsa, cilantro, and black beans (whole), then fill 2 leaves of iceberg lettuce with this, eat like a burrito. Add an orange, and you get a 300-350 calorie meal that's entirely healthy for you.

I'm actually aiming for 75% whole foods, so that extra 25% is cooked. I think it's a good addition.

This morning had steel cut oats (not raw) with only honey added, then a banana.
    Lunch undecided, but likely a salad and fruit, some nuts.
    All snacks will be raw
    Dinner's going to be a baked yam with nothing on it because it doesnt need it, and fresh green beans uncooked.
    I figure if one makes their snacks raw and either 1 full meal or 50% of each meal, it'll be 50% of the day raw, more or less. I don't think its necessary to worry about the numbers.

Dairy, sure, I'm having dairy in the remaining 25% of "whatever else, but try to keep it healthy" section.
  • TheGoblinRoad
    Options
    I want to add that my calorie goal as set by this site is 1590 a day, which I am able to reach. A lot of people think that if you eat this much raw food, the calories will be too low. I think if one is 100% raw then yes, it could be low, though they could eat plenty of raw peanuts and whatnot to make up for it.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Wow. That's pretty awesome. How often do you shop? I'm a weekly shopper and am notorius for having "bad" lettuce at the end of every week sitting in my fridge.:grumble:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Eating nuts and avacado - what's your fat intake?
  • TheGoblinRoad
    Options
    Wow. That's pretty awesome. How often do you shop? I'm a weekly shopper and am notorius for having "bad" lettuce at the end of every week sitting in my fridge.:grumble:
    Every few days, usually. Keep the lettuce dry? It goes bad faster when wet. Avoid pre-bagged lettuce. It'll keep in bag longer, but when exposured to air goes bad twice as fast as lettuce without the bag.
  • TheGoblinRoad
    Options
    Eating nuts and avacado - what's your fat intake?
    Low. :) Yesterday for example, 29 grams, and that's with nuts and avocado in my food intake. I still had 30 grams more i could've eaten according to MFP, but ended up not doing so.

Yes, nuts and avocado has a lot of fat for the amount of food, however it's good fat and i don't feel compelled to overeat them.