INSANITY Success Stories

Options
2»

Replies

• willrun4redvines
    Options
    My Dh and I did it. I lost 4 inches overall and around 10lbs, but it was very difficult to 'see' any results- as in, none of my clothes fit differently. My DH gained a LOT of muscle mass in his chest, so he didn't actually lose any weight and he did not like his "barrel" look. We did not do the diet plan. We live in Europe and found it too difficult to find subs. Neither one of us was super happy with our results, although we both do the workouts individually now. We loved the endurance that we gained and loved the Fit Tests, that was an easy way to see how our overall fitness improved.

I don't think we'll do the whole program again, but the workouts themselves are great cardio during the winter when it's tough to get outside and run.
  • AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I am on the 4 day of my second week and in I LOVE IT!!!
    Shaun T is so motivational when I feel like I can't go anymore it seems to be right at the time he is right in the camera saying keep pushing dig deep!!! In the first week I love 4 lbs and 1 inch off my waist (didn't check the other measurements yet) I can totally feel a huge difference all ready!!

I can't wait to see where I am at in 52 more days!!! I plan on doing another round of Insanity or even trying out Insanity Asylum when it comes out. I was really into turbo jam before starting insanity but got a little burnt out on it.

I totally recommend Insanity to anyone who wants some results!! In only 11 days I have already seen a difference it's amazing!!!!!!
  • jdennington2003
    Options
    I am on week three of Insanity and can see amazing results, I haven't been following the nutrition guide but have been using MFP to stay on track with calories, carbs, fat, etc.
    The cardio is intense, I burn an average of 400-500 calories per session according to my heart rate monitor. The balance, yogo and stretching seems to have really helped with my posture and I feel great.
    I like it because I don't like to work out and if I can get this intense of a work out in 45 minutes or less then I am sold :)
  • cschnepf
    cschnepf Posts: 12
    Options
    Since there are some beach body coaches in here, what program would you recommend for someone just starting out. I have P90X, but I am so out of shape it kicks my *kitten*. I see that they have a ton of programs on their website. What you you recommend for someone who doesn't exercise at all to start with to get in shape and work their way up to a more intense program?
  • jvinsanity90x
    Options
    I'm more than happy and proud to share my story :-)

I started Insanity back in late 2009 and let me tell you, I LOVE the results. Till this day, I still do Insanity (because I can't get enough) along with other workouts as well. I'm actually on my 5th round of Insanity and to be honest, even doing it for the 5th time, it challenges me to push harder and harder every single day - just as you should in all workouts.

When I started Insanity I was 220 Pounds, 20 Years Old, 5"7 and my Body Fat was just terrible to even mention :-( After 60 Days, I went from 220 to 180 and was about 23% Body Fat. I didn't stop there - I did another round of Insanity and again dropped more weight, 180 down to 145 and 12% Body Fat!

Long story short, my story and the success I had has had a big impact on my life and changed big time! I am a Beachbody coach helping others, I have my own class teaching other students, I even am pursuing a degree in "Fitness & Health". I love it! And I couldn't be any happier! :-)
  • tsimehc2000
    tsimehc2000 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Since there are some beach body coaches in here, what program would you recommend for someone just starting out. I have P90X, but I am so out of shape it kicks my *kitten*. I see that they have a ton of programs on their website. What you you recommend for someone who doesn't exercise at all to start with to get in shape and work their way up to a more intense program?

I'm not a coach, but my wife and I started with Power 90 before P90X and that helped get us ready for P90X. I highly recommend that program.
  • Bekah84
    Bekah84 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am following the nutrition guide.
  • Bekah84
    Bekah84 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    could you please also note if you are following the nutrition guid and/or just doing the exercises? thanks! i can't wait to read these! i'm on week 2...

I am following the nutrition guide.
  • AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    Options

I started out initially with Turbo Jam. It went slower and allowed me to feel comfortable with the moves, eventhough I was a bit confused sometimes, and let me build up my fitness level. I started out at 293lbs and was able to drop 50lbs with turbo jam and then move on to Insanity (I am on my second week) and I don't feel like Insanity is too hard or I can't do. It's tough but I think that starting out with Turbo Jam allowed me to build up to this. Message me if you want more information or to chat about the different programs offered by beachbody. I have been a coach for a few months now and would love to help you out.
  • sabrinakhan84
    Options
    I just bought this after reading all the positive reviews! I can't to try it now!
  • tsimehc2000
    tsimehc2000 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I started Insanity after deciding I wanted a stronger cardio workout than P90X. I was in pretty good shape when I started Insanity, however after 15 days, I've lost almost 5 lbs.
  • DeeJayTJ
    DeeJayTJ Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    im on my 4th week of insanity, i love it! i have not noticed any weight loss but im not really concerned about my weight because ive already lost so much weight on my own before insanity.

i love it because i have endurance that i never had before.
  • ellisor1230
    Options
    Today is Day 4 of Insanity for me and my husband. We are following the Nutrition Guide, and in only 4 days, I've lost 3.5 pounds. It is difficult, but it has been so worth it. As hard as it is, I actually look forward to it every morning!
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I watched the info commercial last night after my workout!!! My question is.....is this something anyone can do....or should you wait until you lose more weight and get into better shape?????????????????????/
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I watched the info commercial last night after my workout!!! My question is.....is this something anyone can do....or should you wait until you lose more weight and get into better shape?????????????????????/

Anyone can do it if you don't let you ego get in the way and rest when you have to. With that said I usually recommend to people I coach that they start with an easier Beachbody program and work their way up to Insanity.
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options

Anyone can do it if you don't let you ego get in the way and rest when you have to. With that said I usually recommend to people I coach that they start with an easier Beachbody program and work their way up to Insanity.

That is what I thought....I am still struggling with JM 30 Day shred!!.....level 2 day 5!!! Have not looked into the BeachBody program....I am probably not ready for that either!!! Would you say the Insanity is for people already close to their weight goal?
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options

That is what I thought....I am still struggling with JM 30 Day shred!!.....level 2 day 5!!! Have not looked into the BeachBody program....I am probably not ready for that either!!! Would you say the Insanity is for people already close to their weight goal?

No, I wasn't anywhere near my goal weight when I took on Insanity. I just pushed myself as hard as I could and stopped when I needed to rest, as soon as I caught my breath I would jump back in. Finish 30 Day Shred and then we'll talk..
  • MayCal730
    Options
    Do you have any before and after pictures?
  • justiceevers
    Options
    I completed Insanity a few days ago. Overall, I lost around 12 pounds and got down to 6-7% body fat. Muscle tone increased dramatically in only 63 days, loved the results. I just wish my t-shirt wouldn't take 4-6 weeks to arrive! My goal is to keep doing Insanity just to stay in shape until I get the stuff I need to do Body Beast. :)
  • lqmustang
    lqmustang Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I did 2 rounds of Insanity this past winter. As long as you follow the program and eat right you will have excellent results. I was very strict on my diet the entire time and went from 181 to 157 pounds, body fat dropped from around 25% to 15%. I work a lot of hours during the Summer months so currently I am doing the T25 program, but I can't wait to get back to Insanity once I have more time. I have a few pics in my profile that show before and after.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!