No Weight Loss!!! :/ grrrr

Options
So for my first month in January, I lost 10lbs. Then I haven't lost anymore. I was allowing one cheat a week. Working out 30mins a day/ 5 days a week. But I'm fed up. I haven't lost anymore! So now just one cheat a month. And I'm working out at least an hour everyday, if not two hours. 5-6 days a week. I'm trying the 30 Day Shred, the Kendra Wilkinson DVD among other things. And the snow is melting! So I can start going for long walks with my baby doggy again!! :) Hopefully, I lose some weight this month. If I don't, I'm going to lose hope.

Soo.... do you guys have any advice to boose metabolism or anyway to help me lose weight? I'm getting really frustrated here.

Replies

• mogenfire
    mogenfire Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    bump. i need help too!
  • chiremba
    chiremba Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    try increasing your exercise intensity ( not duration) and giving yourself a rest a rest day or 2,
  • Amyeeeeeee
    Amyeeeeeee Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Dont let it get you down. I eat around 1700 calories per day and drink lots of water. Ive lost 7 lbs since Jan. Slow loss usually stays off for good. Ill pray for you!
  • rbrducky
    rbrducky Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've read that your body can get used to doing the same exercise routine, making you hit a plateau in your weight loss, so maybe try switching up your exercise routine and see if that helps! :) Also, keep an eye on your sodium intake so you don't retain water (I'm not very good at checking up on this, but maybe you are!) Hope you find something that works!
  • anamelina
    anamelina Posts: 13
    Options
    Hiya, you are doing great, don't lose the momentum, I too hit a platau after an initial weight loss of 9lbs, but I increased the intensity of my exercises and have started to loose weight again, even though I have probably very slightly increased my calorie intake. Keep going, you will see the results soon enough just remember that the body is a complex machine and sometimes takes some time to adjust. Good luck, we are all here to support you!
  • ChristinaERRN
    Options
    This also helped my motivation and encouragement, because I too am going through the same issue. I lost 8 pounds, then gained 1.5. Kinda discouraging. But I decided today that ontop of my normal cardio I am going to start circuit training. Thanks all for the comments.
  • jennymac1972
    Options
    make sure you are updating your goals on here as when you start to lose the weight every so often you have to slightly decrease your calorie intake. also change your excercise routine as your body maybe used to it. i jog 3 miles twice a week and do zumba twice in class and twice at home. i also have at least a day at the weekend off and if i want a big meal i have one. i think it stops my body expecting to have less and gives it a shock. i hit a plateau a few weeks ago and almost gave up!!! i didnt and the weights dropping again now...good luck and stick with it x
  • mrsweigl
    mrsweigl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    the 30day shred is awesome, i did that for 5 weeks now and lost 7 lbs. I am now doing 6week6pack and it is amazing! Haven't logged my weight yet because i wait till monday but i have lost over 2 lbs already! I do lots of cardio at the gym and started doing a little weight lifting. I think you just need to switch it up a little.
  • morphine_attack
    morphine_attack Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've found that alternating food types helps. analyse what you eat most of calorie-wise, and cut it out for a week or so and replace it with another food type. I found that with rice/bread. I don't over-eat these at all but cutting it out for a few weeks really helped. I was having rice cakes as they are filling and low in calories, and cutting them out and switching to crisp-bread really helped.

Don't forget either that womens' bodies change during the month. I have a week or two where I struggle to lose weight and have to keep reminding myself what time of the month it is and not get frustrated and downhearted.

We have to keep varying our diet so that our bodies have to keep working and not get used to the foods we put in.
  • elaine010570
    Options
    Hiya
    I have the same sort of problem, but my weight seems to go up the week after woman's week, but as long as u keep doing what you are doing and have faith in yourself u can do it, try make a few changes, like what u are eating and what exercise
    u are doing as your body seems to get used to what it is you are doing change i feel shocks the body x
    Good luck hun u can do it x
    add me if u like, we could encourage each other x