I Couldn't Believe It! Feel Kinda Alone in My Celebrating!

Options
Hey, all!

This afternoon, I passed my bathroom scale after I took a shower, and stepped on it out of curiosity. I have only been eating differently and exercising for a week. It said I lost 6 1/2lbs! WOOOOHOO!

I couldn't believe my eyes! I stepped on the scale 3 more times in disbelief.

I had a tough week. .

Plus... My aunt had given me a big bag of chocolate snack-sized candybars, at work there has been cookies and pie and cake and candy calling to me, and at home, leftover bday cake, etc... I was depressed a lot. Things are kind of tough for me lately, situationally. I almost broke down and ate the no-nos, but instead gave my candy to my oldest daughter, and ignored the other junk foods.

I am so happy! It put me in a really good mood! But there isn't anyone in my life who understands just how GOOD it made me feel! That made me rather unhappy. But, I knew you guys would get it though. In just one week, I have faced a ton of temptation. Especially being depressed. You tell yourself a lot of stupid things when you feel "down". And exercise... ugh, who wants to do THAT when it's hard to even get out of bed and make it to work!? But I DID IT! And I feel kind of proud about that! This was a LOT of work for me... and there was a reward!

YEAH! :bigsmile:

Replies

• canaussie
    canaussie Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!! Keep up the great work. It is such a good feeling to see the results from our hard work. Good for you. :)
  • appleofmyeye
    Options
    Yay, you! You're doing a great job and making great progress already! :happy:
  • savvynurse
    savvynurse Posts: 292
    Options
    Congratulations!!! 6.5 is awesome!! And as for the situations.... That too will pass. Thats what I tell myself... plus take Wellbutrin 450mg daily for depression. A real life saver there :)
  • shalynna89
    shalynna89 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    You are so awesome!!! There is no better feeling than to see the numbers on your scale go down! It is hard when you don't have people in your life that don't understand. I do, but my husbands family doesn't get it. And even with 33lbs lost, to them they act like its nothing. It's fustrating!! But don't give up!! You can get through this. You've already proven you can in just a week!! Your post inspired me! I'm so glad you shared. And if you want someone to be there to talk to, vent, and share your excitements with you can add me as a friend! Great Job!!
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    6 1/2lb is amazing. It is so hard when your feeling down to not eat loads of rubbish. You must be feeling so proud of yourself. Congratulations on such a loss on such a horrid week.
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing, well done! I have been down a lot lately, and 3 months ago, I finished a 6 month course of anti-depressants. I feel better afterwards, but have had some bad news lately, and felt like I was going down that path again. I had no motivation to eat healthily, but joined the gym this week, and I feel AMAZING! I guess, since it releases the same chemicals that make you happier, exercise is the way forward, although I do often also have the feeling that I really cant be bothered, I am retraining my brain to think about how I feel AFTER i have finished my workout, which is always tired, but really, really good.

Keep it up. I need lots of encouragement too, so maybe we can help eachother.

Do you have a favourite healthy food? Mine is bananas and raspberries. When I have reached a goal (I have only just started, and only lost 4lbs so far, which feels crap when you haev 80 odd to lose) I treat myself to those, and perhaps put the teeniest dollop of nutella on it (which is normally allowed in your calorie allowance when you have done exercise!)
  • julie4760
    julie4760 Posts: 125
    Options
    WTG keep up the good work you have a right to be pleased with yourself x
  • dean0721
    dean0721 Posts: 143
    Options
    :happy: its difficult to find a place to begin the praise, you seemed to conquer quite a few things there, passing up on the treats, fighting the adversity of feeling a litte depressed and finally, being pleased with yourself..........I think its absolutely fantastic what you have achieved, and remember every little step is nearer the goal, but passing up on the junk is another bonus too, it shows discipline, and strength of mind........

you should be very proud of what you have done, on a couple of levels, and if it's any consolation, it's because of people like you and the experiences you have had that help me and some of the others on here, on our bad days.....

So well done, i hope you feel fantastically proud of yourself, because i feel fantastically proud of you.....

keep up the good work....
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I hit six myself this week. Know what I got from people in my real life? "Um. Cool?" and "Maybe it's a tapeworm. Heh." and "Oh, it's just cuz you're sick."

NO! It's because I'm awesome and YES IT IS COOL. IT IS VERY FU<KING COOL!

We understand completely and I know, personally, how incredibly difficult it is to change these habits and make better choices. I, for one, am in awe of your success. This is no small feat, by any means.

So...celebrate! All on your own, with us, whatever. As long as you celebrate because, honey, you fu<king deserve it.

:D

BIG HUGS!
  • chroi
    chroi Posts: 20
    Options
    Agreed, Celebrate it because you are awesome :D It takes effort and time and will power and one hell of a mindset to do what you're doing and you have that!! Be proud!

Congrats, that's a great loss. Dance around the house when no one is in;)
  • Terri73
    Terri73 Posts: 238
    Options
    Well we understand how good you feel, so a big whoop whoop to you.xxxxxxx
  • briangee74
    Options
    well done you.
    i think that when you see your weight loss results, and its better than you thought, the mental
    toughness gets a bit easier cos you know the rewards and have seen them in black and white..

keep it up..
  • Sara7Taylor
    Sara7Taylor Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Great Job! I also experienced my first victory today too! I lost my first 5! :smile:
  • Sara7Taylor
    Sara7Taylor Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Great Job! I also experienced my first victory today too! I lost my first 5! :smile:
  • Nathfrenchie
    Nathfrenchie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Be proud of yourself and keep going!! The changes you are making are tough and sometimes things in life just make it harder, but I'm very happy you were strong and you are DOING IT!!!! Woohoo!!!
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Awesome, I totally get it..and this is the truth the way you feel so happy and accomplished because you didn't go to the food let this new feeling of pride be your new comfort!!!!!!!!!! Keep it up post on here..we understand!!
  • xnattiex
    xnattiex Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that is fantastic well done :)
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Go on girl....!
    I'm doing the shimmy shake for you right now.....!

High five....!

Lol....
    :wink:
  • Lexie28
    Lexie28 Posts: 219
    Options
    FANTASTIC!!! Good going :flowerforyou:
  • niknak356
    niknak356 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like you had will power of steal this week and it paid off! The endorphins from exercise will help make you feel happy too! x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!