Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Am I the only person...

Hey Guys,

Qustion for you.

Am I the only one who eats a large breakfast (300-350KCal) for breakfast?

I know they say that it is most important to have a large breakfast to help keep you full for the day?

Now, its not an unhealthy large breakfast (E.g. sausages etc) it would just consist of a large bowl of cereal (Special K or Bran Flakes usually) and brown soda bread or wholemeal sliced toast with low fat spread and of course a cup of tea or coffee with Skim Milk.

Would love to see others views on this,

Cheers,
Patrick

Replies

• AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    I eat all I want for Breakfast, but usually not that hungry so early. But if I please, I've got no issues taking in 500 cal.
  • Cassycat
    Cassycat Posts: 68 Member
    My breakfasts usually end up being around 500 calories, my most hefty meal of the day easily.

Usually it's a home made bacon egg and cheese bagel. Or just eggs, bacon, and toast.

I like to stay traditional!
  • JHoersten2
    JHoersten2 Posts: 44 Member
    That's not bad at all.

I regularly include 2 eggs, some OJ, and by then I'm already up to 270. If I throw in a bagel, that doubles it. I think it's more about planning out your day. If you want to have a larger breakfast, go for it, but keep your remaining calories in check for the day's remainder. ...Or work harder to burn em off. :D
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Mine in the morning will be 373 calories. I could make it more if I wanted, I'm not worried about it.

So, nope...you're not alone. :)
  • Nikkerz620
    Nikkerz620 Posts: 212 Member
    I need to eat at least 300 calories for breakfast otherwise I eat to much the rest of the day. 300 - 350 is good I would say. :0) The bigger the breakfast the smaller lunch and dinner I need.

Your doing it right!
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    I love a big breakkie ,if I dont have one I find I tend to pick all day ,at the minute I am starving got up at 6.30am ,daughter now at school so will be having brekkie as soon as I can make my mind up what I want .:smile:
  • Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper :smile:
  • MeghanAM
    MeghanAM Posts: 222 Member
    I've been doing big breakfasts and small dinners, which has been working out well for me. Today's breakfast will be 400 calories.

I love breakfast food, and an indulgent, delicious breakfast comes in much healthier than an indulgent, delicious dinner.
  • jmecale72
    jmecale72 Posts: 214
    For breakfast during the week, I usually have some oatmeal and sometimes some turkey bacon or some turkey sausage. On the weekends I'll splurge an have a three egg omlet with egg whites and various veggies.
  • chiremba
    chiremba Posts: 30 Member
    I didn't think 300cal
  • bubblybabeuk
    bubblybabeuk Posts: 216 Member
    Mine is 358 I have my homemade muesli recipe every day.. So you are not alone!
  • Mine comes out at around 350 with Weetabix, semi-skimmed milk and a sliced banana. I'd actually be wary of eating much less than that...
  • i would love to have more for brekkie , but dont have the spare cals . as i like to save at least half my daily intake for evening meal so i can eat same as family and all sit down together ... its a compromise :) .... they do say its better to have yr calories earlier in the day in an ideal world .
  • kym117
    kym117 Posts: 315 Member
    I always without fail use 300 cals for breakfast, infact some mornings I work an early shift so up at 4.40am which is split into 8am and 10am break for breakfast making those days go up to around 400/450 cals but I don't worry about this as I try now to eat regularly to keep me satisfied and that last me until 2pm.
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Thats not a large breakfast, my small bowl of cereal, milk and an actimel come to about that. However I do find that by eating breakfast I can lose more weight than if I dont (which pre mpf I didnt very often)
  • Alice37
    Alice37 Posts: 29
    Sounds like a sensible breakfast to me.

I start the day with a glass of warm water with lemon juice, then usually go with a couple of weetabix, orange juice, a fat free yogurt & a cup of black coffee or tea. If I'm really hungry I'll have a slice of thick wholemeal toast too.

Also I always save enough cals for a tablespoon of honey in my evening cup of herbal tea before bed to keep my liver fuelled overnight. :-)

I think you just have to find what works for you, that way it's sustainable.
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    My breakfast today.... 700+ cals... its a friday so we have a sausage bap (never normally have one so its a treat)
    but usually i skim around350 - 400cals - porridge and a banana or some kind of cereal thrown in :)

x
  • Total fan of the Sandwich Press.

Potato Bread + Butter + Canadian Bacon + Shredded Mozzarella = Amazing....

...and roughly 350 kcal.
  • Usually two scrambled eggs, no milk, and some cheese or tomato mixed in. Usually stay away from any type of juice b/c i like to avoid the blood sugar spike. That is just me when it comes to the juice intake so don't take it to heart.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    I always eat a big breakfast this is what I had yesterday
    Oscar Mayer - Turkey Bacon, 2 slices
    Eggo - Nutri-Grain - Lowfat Waffles, 2 waffles
    Great Value - Whole Milk, 1 cup
    Great Value - Sugar Free Pancake & Waffle Syrup,
    Ore-Ida - Peppers & Onions Hash Browns,
    485 cals