Nearly halfway to goal - can anyone actually see a differenc

Options
marielw
marielw Posts: 126 Member
I'm nearly halfway towards my goal and although i can definitely feel the difference i don't really see it in the photos. Can anyone see a difference? I need some more motivation to keep me going! They're not the best photos (i don't like having my photo taken).

The first one is in April 2010 when i was about 208lbs. The second one is 2 weeks ago at about 177lbs. Hope this works!

1173982_9113.jpg

1173982_9822.jpg

Replies

• clahut
    clahut Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see a difference in your photos - look at your face :smile:

I'm the same though - almost halfway and I don't see much of a difference, but have dropped at least 1 dress size. I did notice this morning that when I put a tighter jumper on that the rolls of fat on my back are almost all gone though - just need to lose the belly!!!

Anyway - you are doing great. And the fact that feel better for it is fantastic. Keep up the good work.

C
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    can see the difference all over. awesome job. keep up the good work.
  • sarahanne40
    sarahanne40 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hey - I can definately see a differnce in your face (even if the angle isnt best), and these is loose material around your midrife that there isnt in the top picture - all good I think :smile:

Take a proper picture now (even if you hide it from everyone and take it in a mirror) and then when you have lost your next 10 lbs take another for comparison - I bet you'll see as well as feel the difference !! :bigsmile:

I see your nearly at your first goal - so big congrats on that!!
  • nuklep
    nuklep Posts: 9
    Options
    the ducks aren't staring at you, which is a good sign: you don't stand out.

in all seriousness absolutely. although your second picture does not show your face, I can see there is a difference. even your silhouette is smaller. all good signs. melt those last pesky few pounds away now.
  • xnattiex
    xnattiex Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    There is most definitely a difference! Much slimmer! Good luck with the rest of your weight loss :)
  • RichB77
    RichB77 Posts: 88
    Options
    I certainly can see a difference! Well done! Keep it up ;-)
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    Look at the top part of your belly. In the top one, it is protruding, in the bottom one, your shirt is fluffed out because your belly isn't sticking out. I can definitely tell. Sometimes you just can't see it in yourself. I honestly think I'll always see the fat girl in me no matter how I look. Messed up body image. Good job!
  • tummymummy
    Options
    Wow! Well done! There is a big difference and you look loads younger in your second photo! Fab job :)
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    You can really see the difference and if you were standing up I bet it woud be even better ,well done :smile:
  • marielw
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :happy: I will take some better pictures soon and then can make a better comparison next time! I'm terrible at having my photo taken! :blushing:
  • WettonJ
    WettonJ Posts: 21
    Options
    Agree with the rest, notice the difference in your face. done well ;-)
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    it's kinda tough to tell since the 2nd photo isn't a good one for judging your progress, could you put one up that has you standing tall and looking at the camera? Things that hide progress:

-Bending over
    -not looking at the camera
    -wearing loose clothes
    -too much distance
  • traceytoo
    traceytoo Posts: 163
    Options
    :bigsmile: aw keep going honey, when I lost 6 stone, no-one really noticed until I had lost almost 4 of that .. but when they do it's like a barrage, everybody will notice - stick with it, the day will come and and it's not that far away
  • marielw
    Options
    it's kinda tough to tell since the 2nd photo isn't a good one for judging your progress, could you put one up that has you standing tall and looking at the camera? Things that hide progress:

-Bending over
    -wearing loose clothes
    -too much distance

I really don't have any - that was the best one i think. Since we had our son we mostly just take photos of him! The only other recent ones i have of me i am holding him (which would hide even more of me!). I will have to ask my husband to take some new photos of me. :smile:
  • gertrude13
    Options
    your face is WAYYY slimmer :) great job!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    big difference! u look 10 years younger! i love b4/after pics like that :)

GO GIRL!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options

-Bending over
    -wearing loose clothes
    -too much distance

I really don't have any - that was the best one i think. Since we had our son we mostly just take photos of him! The only other recent ones i have of me i am holding him (which would hide even more of me!). I will have to ask my husband to take some new photos of me. :smile:

Yes, absolutely. don't be afraid to make this about you a little. Be proud of your accomplishment!
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    In the first pic you are standing up and there is a visible "roll" around your middle. In the second picture - you're bendin over... and there's not! YES - there is a difference and you look great!
  • RGPargy
    RGPargy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    There is a big difference!! Well done and keep it up!! :drinker:
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I can see a big difference! great job! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!