Conservative C25K Week 2 (3/8)

melodyg
melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi, all! Today is the start of Week 2 for the Conservative C25K. Still walking this week and working on exercise being part of the routine of life. :) Here's hoping for me that I can get all 4 days of walking in. I didn't do so well last week, but I know I need to get a routine in place before we start mixing the running in.

The routine for this week:

T: 10 minutes walking
Th: 15 minutes walking
Sat: 20 minutes walking
Sun: 15 minutes walking

Rearrange the days how you need to. Also, wanted to remind you all to be sure to warm up and cool down. I know it is fairly easy (at least for me right now) to just get out and walk for 10-15 minutes, but having the warmup and cooldown period will be even more important once we get to running.

Have a great week! Check in throughout the week to let us know how you are doing or get support!

For newbies, we are following this program and you are welcome to join in!
http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/Programs/conservative_program.htm

Replies

• LeLe2929
    LeLe2929 Posts: 10
    Good point on the warm-up/cool-down. It's easy to forget when you're thinking oh I can just go do 15 or even 20 minutes of walking right now. Getting in the habit now will only help in the long run!
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,178 Member
    Thank you for starting this thread, Melody. I am glad you reminded us warm up & cool down. I never think of that when I am just walking. You are so right that I need to get in the habit.

Also, I am the same as you ... as far as... needing to get the routine in place before starting the running. I've tried the couch25K twice and not made it through. That's why I am excited about the Conservative C25K.
  • melodyg
    Rain, rain, rain. Seems like everytime I want to get outside to walk it is raining...

Today I did 2 miles of Walk Away the Pounds and counted it as C25K W2D1. It is 30 minutes so I figured surely it will count for the 10 we were supposed to do today! Hoping to get outside on Thursday for day 2!
  • Elbee1
    Yep, I thought I wouldn't be able to walk today when I saw the weather forecast, here. But... weather was not an issue here. Walked 20 minutes, actually. Set out for 10... then ran into a friend and we went 20 minutes.

Yes, I like the Leslie Sansone WATP, too. I'm sure that counts!!!
    Linda
  • LeLe2929
    Weather is a factor here (Minnesnowta), but got 15 minutes in today, took a brisk walk during my lunch break :-)
  • melodyg
    Great job all! I skipped out on day 2 today (what I expected to be a one hour trip downtown turned into not getting home until time for supper). I'll work out Friday & Saturday at least though. SO hoping it gets a bit warmer here and excited for the time change on Sunday!
  • Elbee1
    Great job, Lele! I walked 15 minutes today, too!
  • LeLe2929
    I got another quick walk in yesterday...my sciatic nerve is acting up again so I might have to back off a bit. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that it's affecting my foot the most!
  • LovelySnugs
    LovelySnugs Posts: 389
    i'm gonna join in with you guys next week - i already do quite a bit more walking than the first month or so of the program calls for, but my schedule had to change recently, so this will give me time to figure out a new routine.

i tried the regular c25k this week, but realized very quickly that i need a little more buildup than the original plan offers. and, the hills and rough terrain in my neighborhood, in addition to the wacky weather we've been having here lately, didn't make anything easier.

i actually hopped on a treadmill today. realized very quickly that if i don't get my core/posture in line, i'll fail there, too. and on that note, i found this article today. thought it might interest you all. enjoy!:happy:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/01/health/01really.html
  • Elbee1
    LeLe -- Sorry to hear about the sciatica... hate that!
    Welcome, Lovely Snugs!!!

I walked 20 minutes today.
  • melodyg
    Good job all!

Didn't walk yesterday because I didn't get up early enough to do so before donating blood (or at least attempting to). Going to get a walk in today and then on to next week!
  • Elbee1
    Walked 15 minutes
This discussion has been closed.