How to log in a DVD workout?

Options
I am doing Leslie Sansone's 5 day slim down. I usually log it into my exercise diary as low impact aerobics. Is this correct, or should I be doing something different?

Replies

• formytwins
    formytwins Posts: 106
    Options
    I would purchase a HRM and log your calories burned...good luck :)
  • fontaine3b
    Options
    was wondering the same thing, I did one of the workouts this morning from my Free on Demand though cable and listed it as low impact aerobics as this workout had some cardio and strength training in it.

Love her!!
  • eyeballer
    eyeballer Posts: 50
    Options
    Low impact aerobics is what I did before a HRM. I was very surprised to find out that I burn quite a few more calories than the averages on here.
  • CherylleeH
    Options
    I do several of Leslie Sansone's videos too and I use Aerobics, Low Intensity or General Aerobics depending on the intensity.
  • vox23
    vox23 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    A good rule of thumb (according to my trainer) is that we generally burn 10 calories per minute if we are working moderately hard. As for what to log it under, if it's a combo of strength, aerobic and calisthenic (including lunges, squats, crunches, etc), he also told me to put it under general circuit training.

Hope that helps!
  • catycee1
    catycee1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    was wondering the same thing, I did one of the workouts this morning from my Free on Demand though cable and listed it as low impact aerobics as this workout had some cardio and strength training in it.

Love her!!
    what is HRM? How do I get one? About how much are they?
  • vox23
    vox23 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    what is HRM? How do I get one? About how much are they?

A heart rate monitor. I bought mine at The Source (Radio Shack) for $80. I've seen them as expensive as over $400, but I think the average is around $100.

I have found, since using, that I'm burning more calories that I thought. It's really useful!