So...

Options
So, I've actually been on here for awhile, about a year and a half. However I never have introduced myself on here, so maybe this is a good starting to point to success.

My goal is to lose about 60 lbs, a large number that I've been having trouble to lose since I started. Last year I lost 10 lbs and I was so happy, but then I started to take it easy and within 2 months Id gained all the weight back. The "funny" thing is that since I've hit this weight, I havent really noticed any other gaining, unless I step on different scales and they give me different numbers.

Anyway, I'm trying to remember how I was able to do this the first time, and it seems no matter how hard I try, nothing's working.

So are there any suggestions as to what I can do. The other bad thing is that I'm in college and the dining hall does not have the best selection for healthy food. Also is it a good idea to log my walking to and from classes as exercise on here, because it takes me at least 10 minutes to get from one place to another.

Replies

• cem2168
    cem2168 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    hi! what exactly have you been doing? do you exercise? what do you eat on a typical day? (your journal isnt public..) im 19 too, maybe we can help each other since we are both in college and have similar issues with that...
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Stick to it! I wouldn't recommend logging your walking but changing your settings where it asks for your activity level. The one up from sedentary would probably be fine. This will allow for those extra calories. Eat your exercise calories. (Read below). If you have a bad day...or three...don't give up. Just get back on track! Eat fruits and STEAMED vegetables from the cafeteria. And try to pick whole grains and lean meats. It makes me sad that so many college students have complained that the food that's offered isn't healthy. It wouldn't be that hard for them to offer nutritious and low calorie foods! When you need support come here and ask for it! Everyone here is going through the same thing and knows the ups and downs. Read others' posts for information, inspiration, and motivation. Try to log everything as much as possible. If you can't get in regular workouts try to find time as often as possible to at least do a 30 minute walk around campus. That you can add to your exercise. Above all, keep your chin up and keep truckin' along! You can do it!
  • bergebl03
    bergebl03 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I opened up my journal so its now public. I've been eating more fruits I try and have at least 1-2 a day which is a good step for me. I know they have a salad bar there which I've tried a few times, not trying to complain but sometimes they're fresh produce is not the greatest.