Sex and calorie loss

Options
2»

Replies

• fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Mark it down as CALISTHENICS (SIT-UPS, PUSH-UPS). Yes, it IS a fat burner~~~big time. If you want more accurate calculations, you would need a top quality HRM watch or buy the BodyMedia device.
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    eh, why bother? I figure it (like my weekly grocery trip) is calculated in my "life-style" selection :smile:
  • kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    Options
    Not enough calories burned to even count.

Must be having some pretty lame sessions! hahaha

Not really, I have 5 kids to prove that theory wrong LOL. Just saying to use it as a buffer instead of exercise calories.
  • LFern
    LFern Posts: 141
    Options
    kissing alone is 15 calories. I was told a "normal" "session" was approx. 230 calories burned so I've been hoping that's accurate! :laugh: If anyone finds a actual answer and the source to prove it - please post it!:love:
  • FordEXP
    FordEXP Posts: 22
    Options
    What about sex while on the elliptical? :bigsmile:
  • kdao
    Options
    What about sex while on the elliptical? :bigsmile:

Now that would be impressive LOL
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I don't log in calories for things that really aren't exercise, but part of daily life. I don't log in housework, gardening, chasing the kids around, or sex. And I'm sure that chasing the kids around burns WAY more cal. than any "activity" you could think of. But the only way I'd know for sure is to wear a HRM, b/c there is too much variation in any of these activities to accurately guess. I just consider those things "extra freebie burns".

Now, when I'm at the gym, sweating my butt off, feeling like I can't do one more rep, or another mile - THAT to me is exercise, and that gets logged.
  • kdao
    Options
    I don't log in calories for things that really aren't exercise, but part of daily life. I don't log in housework, gardening, chasing the kids around, or sex. And I'm sure that chasing the kids around burns WAY more cal. than any "activity" you could think of. But the only way I'd know for sure is to wear a HRM, b/c there is too much variation in any of these activities to accurately guess. I just consider those things "extra freebie burns".

Now, when I'm at the gym, sweating my butt off, feeling like I can't do one more rep, or another mile - THAT to me is exercise, and that gets logged.

Exactly what I was trying to say :wink:
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if sex is considered a good exercise and how many calories do you burn?
    I mean, that would be a lot better than running on a treadmill!

you could try wearing a heart rate monitor and see what it says. ;-)
  • momtozmc
    momtozmc Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting... was wondering myself!!!! hahahaha
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Well it is for the guy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, oh stop it, I was joking. :wink:
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ksv123
    ksv123 Posts: 82 Member
    Options

AGREED!
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Re: wearing heart monitors....If any of you ladies (single) want to try, I'll gladly join in on the experiment. For the sake of science, of course. :smokin:
  • MeghanAM
    MeghanAM Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    The way I'm thinking is that I had plenty of sex in my fat life, and it didn't seem to help. I'm trying to only log the things that I do now that I didn't do then. New life :smile:
  • mentalbeat
    mentalbeat Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I usually burn around 200 calories in an hour, but that involves having to chase her around the house up and down stairs for 58 minutes.:tongue::blushing:
  • kbdelarosa
    kbdelarosa Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Oh my people....THANK YOU for the comic relief! So needed today!